• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tell Tulip to Deliver Brexit"

Collapse

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    No. They let themselves down. They are an international embarrassment.
    I guess the Americans are more like us than they think then.

If you catch my drift....

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    There are two EU commissioners and 650 MPs. You can calculate what percentage of MPs become commissioners.
    If this is a gravy train it's serves up a very thin gravy.

It makes a great slogan though and provides a smoke screen for Brexiteers to earn far more on the Brexit gravy train, earning fabulous amounts writing articles for the Daily Telegraph, speculating on the trashing of the pound via foreign based hedge funds or pocketing huge amounts of money from Russian donors.

Peter Mandelson. Case closed.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Math was never Mordy’s strong point, he is more into stealing test networks.

Allegedly
    You don't need the "allegedly". I dun it M'Lord.
    It took him 3 days to notice I'd nicked it though, so judge for yourself how much testing actually takes place...

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    No - the population voted.

In your opinion they did not vote the way you wanted so you could argue they let you down.
    No. They let themselves down. They are an international embarrassment.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Math was never Mordy’s strong point, he is more into stealing test networks.

Allegedly

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    The EU is where our politicians go when we vote them out, or when they get caught being corrupt. It's basically a retirement home for the inept and bent.
    There are two EU commissioners and 650 MPs. You can calculate what percentage of MPs become commissioners.
    If this is a gravy train it's serves up a very thin gravy.

It makes a great slogan though and provides a smoke screen for Brexiteers to earn far more on the Brexit gravy train, earning fabulous amounts writing articles for the Daily Telegraph, speculating on the trashing of the pound via foreign based hedge funds or pocketing huge amounts of money from Russian donors.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    How the fook leaving EU affects gravy train that MPs are riding and will continue to ride?

It only affects MEPs who don't make this call.
    The EU is where our politicians go when we vote them out, or when they get caught being corrupt. It's basically a retirement home for the inept and bent.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    because as a career politician your sole interest is in how much it pays you - and leaving the EU waves goodbye to a nice gravy train.
    How the fook leaving EU affects gravy train that MPs are riding and will continue to ride?

It only affects MEPs who don't make this call.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Yeah the politicians in the UK have let the population down - very few ever had any intention of genuinely wanting to leave the EU and make a go of it on our own - mainly because as a career politician your sole interest is in how much it pays you - and leaving the EU waves goodbye to a nice gravy train.

I just hope most of them get the chance to live to regret their decision.
    You still don't get it do you? MPs are there to represent 100% of the people living in the UK, whether they voted for them or not. It's their constitutional obligation.

In 2016 we had

Leave 51.89% (17,410,742) or (37.44% of UK voting population)
    Remain 48.11% (16,141,241) or (34.71% of UK voting population)

Didn't vote (12,948,018) or (27.85% of UK voting population)

Yes, Leave won the vote. I agree that we should look to enact a leave from the EU BUT this should be to the benefit of all the UK residents and not the minority that voted out. It is MPs duty to do right for the country as a whole.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    The population has let themselves down.
    No - the population voted.

In your opinion they did not vote the way you wanted so you could argue they let you down.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    The Brexiteers have been shafted, and some in the ERG are waking up to their sorry state of affairs and are considering abstaining in the vote tonight.

Brino is better than nothing. It isn't much better, but it is better.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Yeah the politicians in the UK have let the population down - very few ever had any intention of genuinely wanting to leave the EU and make a go of it on our own - mainly because as a career politician your sole interest is in how much it pays you - and leaving the EU waves goodbye to a nice gravy train.

The population has let themselves down.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Yes, for transition period which they've offered.

It's UK that started this tulip and it's UK that can't ratify reached deal - the best that was possible under red lines (intentionally) put forward by May.

The whole exercise was about making sure UK drops out without transition deal

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Do you think it in the interests of it's members to try and keep the current trade deals as they are to try to avoid as much economic change as possible?
    Yes, for transition period which they've offered.

It's UK that started this tulip and it's UK that can't ratify reached deal - the best that was possible under red lines (intentionally) put forward by May.

The whole exercise was about making sure UK drops out without transition deal

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Well I was today years old when I learned what that meant.

Sealioning - Wikipedia

However I do not think asking for you to clarify or back up your statements with fact without resorting to insults is really sealioning.
    You asked a set of questions with no intention of looking at the answers with an open mind. You say you wanted a factual discussion, yet you ask others to search for these facts for you. Tell you what fella, you put up some facts to your own questions, waste your own time, and we'll have a discussion on that.

Your attitude on here is constant and classic sealioning. I'm tempted to throw you a mackerel to see if you've been trained to catch yet

Leave a comment:

Working...
X