• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Brexit surcharge

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Brexit surcharge"

Collapse

• Paddy
    replied
    Most imports tariff-free under no-deal plan - BBC News

No deal Brexit will incur 10% car tax on cars from the EU

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    How does increasing VAT not hit the have-nots? Go on, have a think about it. You might realise how stupid that comment is.
    No he won’t

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    A 10% Porsche tax? Excellent. Hits the haves rather than the have-nots. Scrap income tax, put VAT up to compensate; encourages people to work.
    How does increasing VAT not hit the have-nots? Go on, have a think about it. You might realise how stupid that comment is.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    In Brexit Britain, having a car is being a have.
    Or maybe Govt will cut VAT to 10% on 911s?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    10% WTO tariff (that Govt gets) will apply to all cars, not just 911s
    In Brexit Britain, having a car is being a have.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    A 10% Porsche tax? Excellent. Hits the haves rather than the have-nots. Scrap income tax, put VAT up to compensate; encourages people to work.
    10% WTO tariff (that Govt gets) will apply to all cars, not just 911s

Scrapping of income tax won’t happen - budget already depends heavily on top earners, a fair few of whom will lose their jobs or just bugger off to a more sensible country
    Last edited by AtW; 18 February 2019, 13:26.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Yorkie does not want to pay Brexit tax, SAD!

I suspect he's also on to his SEAT dealer to find out where his car is coming from, and possibly cancelling the order if it's not being made in Spain (a country famous for it's Nobel prize winners :lol: )

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Yorkie does not want to pay Brexit tax, SAD!

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Yorkie, just to help you with your North African Immigrant (or more likely Eastern European one), ask the dealer for the build status.

00 - Without Production Week
    10 - With Production Week
    20 - With Production Order
    30 - In Transit From Factory
    36 - In Port of Exit not Released
    38 - In Port of Exit Released
    39 - Vehicle Shipped
    40 - UK Port (Normally Sheerness for southern UK dealers and Grimsby or Tyne for northern ones)
    60 - In Transit to Dealer
    70 - At Dealer

Production week will be in the form YYYYWW, for example this week is 201908

VAG cars made in Martorell are the following: SEAT Arona, SEAT Ibiza, SEAT Ibiza SC, SEAT Ibiza ST, SEAT León SC, SEAT León 5T, SEAT León ST, Audi Q3. These ship through the Straits of Gibraltar and up to Sheerness, etc.
    VAG group cars made in Kvasiny: ŠKODA Yeti, ŠKODA Karoq, ŠKODA Kodiaq, ŠKODA Superb, ŠKODA Superb Combi, SEAT Ateca. These go by rail to Emden and are shipped from there.
    Source: Portrait & Production Plants | Volkswagen Group

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    I'm not getting het up about it. I have nothing to get het up about. I am quite happy to cancel my order should the need arise.
    Out of interest I checked the Ts & Cs on the last car I bought. It's got a clause in it that says:

Notwithstanding the sum for Car Tax and VAT specified on the order, the sum payable by the Purchaser in respect thereof shall be such sum as the Seller has legally to pay at the time the taxable supply occurs;
    Presumably this is to cover any potential increases in VAT or other taxes.

It also then says:
    If after the date of this order and before delivery of the Goods to the Purchaser the Manufacturer's or Concessionaire's recommended price for the Goods shall be altered, the Seller shall give written notice of such alteration to the Purchaser
    And effectively goes on to say that if the alteration increases the price, then the Purchaser shall have the right to cancel.

If yours is similar, you might be having a bunfight about what "recommended price" means.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    Have you put a deposit down? Better check the fine print and terms and conditions before making any quick decisions.
    It has too many big words for him.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    It's not UK stock, as it is a factory build due to the options to be fitted (Comfort and Sound packs + towbar is a factory fit) and it is coming from the SEAT factory in Spain as its not a Skoda. The UK dealer doesn't don't have a chassis number yet so I guess its early days in production.
    Well, that must be a fairly recent move.
    https://www.volkswagenag.com/presenc...T_2016_ING.pdf
    PRODUCTION AND QUALITYThe industrialisation and production of the Ateca have put the small Czech town of Kvasiny and its 1,500 inhabitants on SEAT’s map. Its factory has been producing cars since 1934 and in 1947, the first ŠKODA vehicle left its production line.
    The Quality division’s goal is to ensure quality in the manufacturing processes and to guarantee that the quality of all parts of the Ateca is perfect.
    To this end, it subjects SEAT’s new model to an exhaustive examination to test its quality, even in the finest detail.

...and some are now made in Algeria...
    SOVAC / SEAT : Lancement officiel de l'ATECA FR a 4.799.000 da - Autobip

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    I'm not getting het up about it. I have nothing to get het up about. I am quite happy to cancel my order should the need arise.
    Have you put a deposit down? Better check the fine print and terms and conditions before making any quick decisions.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    You should cancel it now and not be a traitor to the country, be patriotic:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X