• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bad news for the EU and Germany."

Collapse

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Flunked the irony exam did we?
    I wasn't entered for it, presumably to spare me the embarrassment of failure...

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    That geography O level exam clearly wasn't failed in vain, Scoots...
    Flunked the irony exam did we?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    I live in Bavaria, not Germany,
    That geography O level exam clearly wasn't failed in vain, Scoots...

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

Usual spooter denial stuff, wait till Bavaria loses the independence vote!

Geography and facts of Bavaria - | Bavaria

Bavaria, home to nearly 13 million inhabitants, is located in the southeast of Germany and is the largest of the 16 federal states of Germany.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Scoots I didnt know you lived in Germany. You should tell us more often.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Thank you, that did make me laugh.
    I does me best...

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    If the Eurozone project had been run sensibly from the start (stop sniggering at the back) Greece wouldn't have been let in to start with, but someone screwed up, and we are where we are. Thankfully the Germans are picking up most of the bill for that one, and going forward they're going to need very deep pockets.
    And the irony of Scotland holding an independence referendum so they can be ruled by Brussels instead of Westminster is completely lost on you.
    Thank you, that did make me laugh.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    If the Eurozone project had been run sensibly from the start (stop sniggering at the back) Greece wouldn't have been let in to start with, but someone screwed up, and we are where we are. Thankfully the Germans are picking up most of the bill for that one, and going forward they're going to need very deep pockets.
    And the irony of Scotland holding an independence referendum so they can be ruled by Brussels instead of Westminster is completely lost on you.
    Germany does very nicely out of the Eurozone, artificially pegging the nominal Deutshmark low. About the only thing I agree with Trump on is that Germany is a currency manipulator.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    The imminent break up of the Eurozone has been predicted frequently by Ambrose Pritchard-Evans over the last 20 years.

Still waiting for Greece to leave. I think however if there is a "real Brexit" Scotland will be holding a second referendum

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    I feel your pain, I hope your fragile self worth can stand the Eu breaking up.
    The imminent break up of the Eurozone has been predicted frequently by Ambrose Pritchard-Evans over the last 20 years.

Still waiting for Greece to leave. I think however if there is a "real Brexit" Scotland will be holding a second referendum

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    So Germany's growth forecast sinks to a similar level as the UK's, whereas Germany's economy has grown much more over the past years than that one of the UK.
    The overall EU forecast is still better than the forecast for the UK

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    wishful thinking, it's now the only hope for Brexit that the EU somehow implodes

German recession wouldn't bring down the Euro area economy

However it isn't going to save the UK. The EU will still be there in 5 years time, the UK probably won't be. It will break up.

...unless of course Brexit doesn't happen i.e. Brino

I feel your pain, I hope your fragile self worth can stand the Eu breaking up.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    wishful thinking, it's now the only hope for Brexit that the EU somehow implodes

German recession wouldn't bring down the Euro area economy

However it isn't going to save the UK. The EU will still be there in 5 years time, the UK probably won't be. It will break up.

...unless of course Brexit doesn't happen i.e. Brino

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
    I never thought West Germany would absorb East Germany. But it did. It can absorb the rest of Europe.
    At the second attempt...

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Unlikely, I'm not planning on moving out of the Germany so expect it to chug along as per normal.
    Scoots I didnt know you lived in Germany. You should tell us more often.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X