• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bad news for the EU and Germany.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad news for the EU and Germany.

Will Germany still pay for the rest of the EU now that it's economy has stalled. It's looking bad and my prediction of the EU breaking up within 5 years is more and more likely.

UPDATE 1-Bad news for EU growth is good news for bonds post ECB meet

How can we reform the EU before we leave? We need the EU to be a strong trading partner, let's start a crowd fund. But please donate in pounds, who knows how much a euro will be worth.

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Will Germany still pay for the rest of the EU now that it's economy has stalled. It's looking bad and my prediction of the EU breaking up within 5 years is more and more likely.

How can we reform the EU before we leave? We need the EU to be a strong trading partner, let's start a crowd fund. But please donate in pounds, who knows how much a euro will be worth.
    Running British manufacturing into the ground Minford-style would certainly help them out.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post

I never thought West Germany would absorb East Germany. But it did. It can absorb the rest of Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
        I never thought West Germany would absorb East Germany. But it did. It can absorb the rest of Europe.
        Not like it hasn't done it before.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
          Not like it hasn't done it before.
          AS long as Germany and France don't get together and there is no EU army then Germany has no nukes so everyone will be fine.

Comment

Unlikely, I'm not planning on moving out of the Germany so expect it to chug along as per normal.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Unlikely, I'm not planning on moving out of the Germany so expect it to chug along as per normal.
              Scoots I didnt know you lived in Germany. You should tell us more often.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
                At the second attempt...
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

wishful thinking, it's now the only hope for Brexit that the EU somehow implodes

German recession wouldn't bring down the Euro area economy

However it isn't going to save the UK. The EU will still be there in 5 years time, the UK probably won't be. It will break up.

...unless of course Brexit doesn't happen i.e. Brino

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    wishful thinking, it's now the only hope for Brexit that the EU somehow implodes

German recession wouldn't bring down the Euro area economy

However it isn't going to save the UK. The EU will still be there in 5 years time, the UK probably won't be. It will break up.

...unless of course Brexit doesn't happen i.e. Brino

I feel your pain, I hope your fragile self worth can stand the Eu breaking up.

Comment

Working...
                    X