• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "First Brexit Dividend!"

Collapse

• Bean
    replied
    Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
    I wonder how I sleep at night.

Not only are we all subjugated by the evil EU Mafia. It appears our society and the air we breathe is being destroyed by oil conglomerates.

Is there no limit to paranoia?

Brexit is bad enough but I think I will cope. However I'm just so, so thankful I'm not a Brexiteer. What a frightening and bizarre world they inhabit!
    Nearly 80% of new diesel cars still pollute beyond legal limits, tests reveal | The Independent
    https://uk-air.defra.gov.uk/assets/d..._Pollution.pdf
    UK's most polluted towns and cities revealed - BBC News
    UK parents 'worryingly unaware' of damage from air pollution | Environment | The Guardian

Leave a comment:

• Cirrus
    replied
    Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    I remember a time when you could run a diesel engine car on cooking oil and produce no harmful emissions, but the oil companies didn't like that because it meant they couldn't sell their oil so instead they convinced government and the automotive industry to go down the route of ever more complicated diesel engines which can no longer use biodiesel fuels.
    I wonder how I sleep at night.

Not only are we all subjugated by the evil EU Mafia. It appears our society and the air we breathe is being destroyed by oil conglomerates.

Is there no limit to paranoia?

Brexit is bad enough but I think I will cope. However I'm just so, so thankful I'm not a Brexiteer. What a frightening and bizarre world they inhabit!

Leave a comment:

• Bean
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    So, you want to talk about Diesel engines and diesel fuel (blaming the oil companies earlier) but now you say you don’t mean diesel fuel but something else.

Make up your mind! I’m starting to think you’re the love shield of Seany and Beany.
    Love shield eh....lay off the cider and read your posts before clicking submit.

Leave a comment:

• Yorkie62
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Yeah, that's right, those pesky EU bods. If only we had a seat at the table, and a way to influence this, then the UK could have stopped the evil EU ..... oh, hold on, we were the EU when all this was decided .....
    Yeah with all that lobbying from that nice Dutch oil company...what are the call now?

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    B87 isn't Biodiesel. Something that consists of 93% Diesel oil should not be called biodiesel under the trade descriptions act. Why do you think that the oil companies don't refer to it as biodiesel at the fuel pumps on their forecourts but merely refer to is a B7. It's another EU con.
    Yeah, that's right, those pesky EU bods. If only we had a seat at the table, and a way to influence this, then the UK could have stopped the evil EU ..... oh, hold on, we were the EU when all this was decided .....

Leave a comment:

• Yorkie62
    replied
    You're the one obsessed with defining biodiesel as being 100% SVO, never blended and never WVO.

I just stated that you don't know what you're talking about.
    Biodiesel is NOT 93% diesel oil. You start selling B7 and advertising as Biodiesel and see how far you get with trading standards.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Shows how little you know about car engines. Modern larger Diesel engines are capable of running on a varied quality of fuel better than their predecessors. The issue is the flexibility of the tiny engines that have come out in the last few years. A 1.5l diesel is a lot more fussy than a 3.0l one
    So are you contradicting me and publicly stating that a modern diesel engine can run on 100% biodiesel with no long term issues?.

Whgy then do the diesel engine manufacurers state in their documentation that under no circumstances are you to use bio diesel.
    Did I say that? I think you’ll find you’ve added extra words in there to make your argument.
    Larger Diesel engines can run on a variety of quality of fuel.
    Did I say that all Diesel engines could be run all the time on 100% biodiesel with no long term issues? No, I certainly did not.
    And finally... can you provide a list of Diesel engine manufacturers who state that under no circumstances are you to use biodiesel in their engines.
    Just to be clear to your falsehoods, PSA do NOT say that under no circumstances are you to use biodiesel in their engines. They are perfectly happy for biodiesel to be used in their engines in Norway and Sweden.
    Thinking realling idsn't your game is it.

What does E10 (petrol) and B7(diesel) fuel consists of. As you have quoted these standards I am sure you know without looking that up. Or perhaps not as you quoted this standard as an argument that modern diesels cannot run on 100% biofuel. So I will save you the trouble of thinking and doing your own research (something which you are clearly incapable of) and tell you

E10 contains 10% Ethanol - hence the E10 label and 90% unleaded petrol

B7 contains 7% FLAME ( Fatty Acid Methyl Ester) and 93% diesel oil - Hence the B7 name.

So neither of these fuels are actually biofuels are they. they just contain small amount of bio fuel. and hence still produce the same pollutants.

I will restate my original statement.

A diesel engine run on 100% biofuel produces no harmful pollutants however modern diesel engines cannot be run on 100% biodiesel. 100% biodiesel is 100% made from oil extracted from vegetable matter (normally seeds) NOT as the EU would have you believe 95% diesel oil
    You're the one obsessed with defining biodiesel as being 100% SVO, never blended and never WVO.

I just stated that you don't know what you're talking about.

Leave a comment:

• Yorkie62
    replied
    Excellent, you agree - your car can run on B7 biodiesel. I never said anything about 100%. You're doing the old brexity thing of "if I don't like the answer, change the question".
    B87 isn't Biodiesel. Something that consists of 93% Diesel oil should not be called biodiesel under the trade descriptions act. Why do you think that the oil companies don't refer to it as biodiesel at the fuel pumps on their forecourts but merely refer to is a B7. It's another EU con.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    For the avoidance of any doubt as stated in my 2016 Peugeot 308 handbook

"The Diesel engines are compatible with biofuels which conform to current and future European Standards (Diesel fuel which complies with standard EN590 mixed with a biofuel which complies with standard EN14214) available at the pumps (containing upto 7% Fatty Acid Methyl Ester) B30 biofuel can be used in certain diesel engines. However, this use, even occasional, requires strict application of the special servicing conditions. Contact a PEUGEOT dealer or a qualified workshop. The use of any other type of biofuel (vegetable or animal oils, pure, or diluted, domestic fuel...) is strictly prohibited (risk of damage to the engine and fuel system)"

So there you have it a modern PSA diesel engine, two and a half years old, cannot be run on anything like 100% biodiesel made from vegetable oils. I restate my original argument that is the problem lies not with the diesel engine but with the oil companies. A good old fashioned diesel engine could run on almost anything - including farts. We need to wind the clock back 15 years and run our diesels on biofuels.

Excellent, you agree - your car can run on B7 biodiesel. I never said anything about 100%. You're doing the old brexity thing of "if I don't like the answer, change the question".

Leave a comment:

• Yorkie62
    replied
    For the avoidance of any doubt as stated in my 2016 Peugeot 308 handbook

"The Diesel engines are compatible with biofuels which conform to current and future European Standards (Diesel fuel which complies with standard EN590 mixed with a biofuel which complies with standard EN14214) available at the pumps (containing upto 7% Fatty Acid Methyl Ester) B30 biofuel can be used in certain diesel engines. However, this use, even occasional, requires strict application of the special servicing conditions. Contact a PEUGEOT dealer or a qualified workshop. The use of any other type of biofuel (vegetable or animal oils, pure, or diluted, domestic fuel...) is strictly prohibited (risk of damage to the engine and fuel system)"

So there you have it a modern PSA diesel engine, two and a half years old, cannot be run on anything like 100% biodiesel made from vegetable oils. I restate my original argument that is the problem lies not with the diesel engine but with the oil companies. A good old fashioned diesel engine could run on almost anything - including farts. We need to wind the clock back 15 years and run our diesels on biofuels.

Leave a comment:

• Yorkie62
    replied
    Maybe we should look closer to home then...
    Biofuel Cars | Alternative Fuels for Cars - Citroen UK

Citroen (part of PSA) say their cars in the UK will run on biodiesel

And since 2011, all diesel cars sold in the EU (that currently includes the UK) must be capable of running at least B7 biodiesel...
    Vehicle compatibility with new (E10/B7) fuel standards | ACEA - European Automobile Manufacturers' Association
    Thinking realling idsn't your game is it.

What does E10 (petrol) and B7(diesel) fuel consists of. As you have quoted these standards I am sure you know without looking that up. Or perhaps not as you quoted this standard as an argument that modern diesels cannot run on 100% biofuel. So I will save you the trouble of thinking and doing your own research (something which you are clearly incapable of) and tell you

E10 contains 10% Ethanol - hence the E10 label and 90% unleaded petrol

B7 contains 7% FLAME ( Fatty Acid Methyl Ester) and 93% diesel oil - Hence the B7 name.

So neither of these fuels are actually biofuels are they. they just contain small amount of bio fuel. and hence still produce the same pollutants.

I will restate my original statement.

A diesel engine run on 100% biofuel produces no harmful pollutants however modern diesel engines cannot be run on 100% biodiesel. 100% biodiesel is 100% made from oil extracted from vegetable matter (normally seeds) NOT as the EU would have you believe 95% diesel oil
    Last edited by Yorkie62; 7 February 2019, 07:27.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied

I’m starting to think .
    Evidence??

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    First Brexit Dividend!

Maybe we should look closer to home then...
    Biofuel Cars | Alternative Fuels for Cars - Citroen UK

Citroen (part of PSA) say their cars in the UK will run on biodiesel

And since 2011, all diesel cars sold in the EU (that currently includes the UK) must be capable of running at least B7 biodiesel...
    Vehicle compatibility with new (E10/B7) fuel standards | ACEA - European Automobile Manufacturers' Association

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    can you provide a list of Diesel engine manufacturers who state that under no circumstances are you to use biodiesel in their engines.
    PSA
    I currently drive one of their diesel engined cars (<2years old) and the manual specifically excludes the use of 100% bio diesel.
    If you cared to read the article only applies to Pug vehicles in Norway and Sweden
    Just to be clear to your falsehoods, PSA do NOT say that under no circumstances are you to use biodiesel in their engines. They are perfectly happy for biodiesel to be used in their engines in Norway and Sweden.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Only when they burn Diesel Oil.

This is not true when burning other fuels via combustion
    So, you want to talk about Diesel engines and diesel fuel (blaming the oil companies earlier) but now you say you don’t mean diesel fuel but something else.

Make up your mind! I’m starting to think you’re the love shield of Seany and Beany.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X