• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "These guys will never get it"

Collapse

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    They will get it, when the UK economy collapses and once they start lining up for the jobcentres and I with my EU passport can work in 27 other countries with growing economies and great daily rates
    Christ I wish you'd get on with it then

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Quote Originally Posted by AtW
    Might move to Scotland if they allow offsetting squirrel food against tax liability
    They do, but it'll be peanuts...

Leave a comment:

• Bean
    replied
    Originally posted by Bean View Post
    Well maybe if a kind-hearted mod would take some time out, to explain in a bit more detail, we would, but essentially you're right...I'll never get why you have 'start a thread' privileges, given your prior form, which is mostly just spam and squirrel bothering.

Still, I guess this forum is like a secure hospital....it keeps all those like yourself in 1 place, for ease of monitoring
    Originally posted by AtW
    Might move to Scotland if they allow offsetting squirrel food against tax liability
    QED

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    At least we have HAD it!!

and his mother!

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    You mean that we can’t just be a little island isolationist nation that has guys in there 60s talking about the British Empire or The War - things that they were never involved in - as if it was 40 years ago, not 75 or 150 years ago.

Do I get the idea that it’s not about establishing British Imperialism to make your business grow, but to work with - not against - others. Throughout the advert they list various countries. They show people who aren’t just WASPs, etc.

Yes. I get it. You don’t appear to.
    Who the hell do you hang around with. I don't know anyone apart from people like you that even mention the empire. I'm pretty sure you can dig up an empire throwback online but seriously people just don't care about empire. You know that but it doesnt fit in with your narrative does it.

Leave a comment:

• Bean
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    shaunbhoy
    Churchy
    Mordy
    Bean
    OriginalPM
    etc
    Well maybe if a kind-hearted mod would take some time out, to explain in a bit more detail, we would, but essentially you're right...I'll never get why you have 'start a thread' privileges, given your prior form, which is mostly just spam and squirrel bothering.

Still, I guess this forum is like a secure hospital....it keeps all those like yourself in 1 place, for ease of monitoring

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    You mean that we can’t just be a little island isolationist nation that has guys in there 60s talking about the British Empire or The War - things that they were never involved in - as if it was 40 years ago, not 75 or 150 years ago.

Do I get the idea that it’s not about establishing British Imperialism to make your business grow, but to work with - not against - others. Throughout the advert they list various countries. They show people who aren’t just WASPs, etc.

Happy to participate in a world union - we are after all the same really - the lines drawn on maps by old men to cement their power have little to no meaning in the digital age.

Not happy to be a vassal state of a dying organisation that did once have its members best interested at heart but like many things it grew and grew until its continued existence is its sole raison d'être.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    They will get it, when the UK economy collapses and once they start lining up for the jobcentres and I with my EU passport can work in 27 other countries with growing economies and great daily rates

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    These guys will never get it

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Watch this ad

Do you see at the end when he does the jigsaw it is a map of the world and not a map or Europe?

Now do you get it?

Leave a comment:

• Cirrus
    replied
    They've got it...

...They've got their dreams.

All you've got is reality.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    shaunbhoy
    Churchy
    Mordy
    Bean
    OriginalPM
    etc
    That's what happens when you skip indoctrination classes, and go to the pub instead...

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Watch this ad

Do you see at the end when he does the jigsaw it is a map of the world and not a map or Europe?

Now do you get it?

Leave a comment:

• GreenMirror
    replied
    What exactly is "it"? A bedsit above a kebab shop in Birmingham?

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

Did the cream not work then? You need To go back to the docs before things get nasty and they run out of meds

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    shaunbhoy
    Churchy
    Mordy
    Bean
    OriginalPM
    etc

Leave a comment: