• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bremoaner's resignation letter template"

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    not sure if all the matriculation boards did 16+
    It was 1986

It was a trial. They were piss easy.
    You did papers 1 & 2 to get a CSE grade, and paper 3 for an O' level grade

AO on the other hand was hard as nails. I did maths in that and learned LOADS
    Ah yes. I do remember in 1987 a combined O level / CSE exam.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    You are the same age as me. I don't remember 16+ in England. I did some O levels early and then GCSEs at 16 and an AO.
    not sure if all the matriculation boards did 16+
    It was 1986

It was a trial. They were piss easy.
    You did papers 1 & 2 to get a CSE grade, and paper 3 for an O' level grade

AO on the other hand was hard as nails. I did maths in that and learned LOADS

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    and it's far easier to get a GCSE than an O'level. I was at the turnaround so did a mix of Os and 16+. 16+ being the predecessor for GCSEs.

They changed it from 16+ as they were considered too hard as thickies couldn't scrape an O level on the multiple guess papers.
    You are the same age as me. I don't remember 16+ in England. I did some O levels early and then GCSEs at 16 and an AO.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    In case anyone is an ignorant cretin, the GCSE replaced the separate O level and CSE qualifications. Typically, the reason people did GCSEs rather than O levels is because they are younger.
    and it's far easier to get a GCSE than an O'level. I was at the turnaround so did a mix of Os and 16+. 16+ being the predecessor for GCSEs.

They changed it from 16+ as they were considered too hard as thickies couldn't scrape an O level on the multiple guess papers.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    In case anyone is an ignorant cretin, the GCSE replaced the separate O level and CSE qualifications. Typically, the reason people did GCSEs rather than O levels is because they are younger.

Leave a comment:

• Yorkie62
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    History is for those that are not forward thinking as history students are always looking back.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    It's a General CSE. You Know the exam those not capable of taking O'levels took.

O'levels in
    Physics
    Chemistry
    Biology
    Maths
    English
    English Literature
    French
    Economics and Government Commerce
    Geography

CSE in Music

A'Levels
    Pure and Applied Maths
    Further Pure and Applied Maths
    Physics

BSc (hons) Control Engineering

MSc Digital Signal Processing

OU Post Grad Diploma Technology Management

Current studying for a OU Post Grad Diploma in Computer Science (Security and Forensics)

Conversational Italian (Adult Education Night school)

City and Guilds in Car Vehicle Restoration (Adult Education Night School)

Corporate Member of the IET
    CEng
    Member of INCOSE
    Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP) via INCOSE - one of 58 in the UK
    Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
    Dear Admin,

Having not studied any history, and do not realize that no-one has any clue what will happen, I have concluded that I am a cretin. I therefore tend my resignation,

Yours etc,

Leave a comment:

• Yorkie62
    replied
    Only O levels count. What is this GCSE thingy?
    It's a General CSE. You Know the exam those not capable of taking O'levels took.

O'levels in
    Physics
    Chemistry
    Biology
    Maths
    English
    English Literature
    French
    Economics and Government Commerce
    Geography

CSE in Music

A'Levels
    Pure and Applied Maths
    Further Pure and Applied Maths
    Physics

BSc (hons) Control Engineering

MSc Digital Signal Processing

OU Post Grad Diploma Technology Management

Current studying for a OU Post Grad Diploma in Computer Science (Security and Forensics)

Conversational Italian (Adult Education Night school)

City and Guilds in Car Vehicle Restoration (Adult Education Night School)

Corporate Member of the IET
    CEng
    Member of INCOSE
    Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP) via INCOSE - one of 58 in the UK

Leave a comment:

• GreenMirror
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    Whew! Good thing I studied history*

*It was GCSE-level history and all I can remember was spending 3 months reading about 1920's China and Sun Yat-sen, does that count?
    Only O levels count. What is this GCSE thingy?

Leave a comment:

• motoukenin
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Judging by what you have said - not a lot I would imagine?

And not even a mention of 'Project Fear' when you hear something you don't like, you must have been on the special Dutch stuff last night PM

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by motoukenin View Post
    As the government have said that any Brexit will make the UK poorer then I am still betting that the people who loose their jobs and the cascading marriage breakups, seeing kids at weekends ,loss of homes etc. will still outweigh the comfort of knowing that Turks wont be invading the UK and that they are not paying for a European army, but hey I am just a remoaner what would I know.
    Judging by what you have said - not a lot I would imagine?

Leave a comment:

• motoukenin
    replied
    Dear Admin,

Having not studied any history, and do not realise that no-one has any clue what will happen, I have concluded that I am a cretin. I therefore tend my resignation,

Yours etc,
    As the government have said that any Brexit will make the UK poorer then I am still betting that the people who loose their jobs and the cascading marriage breakups, seeing kids at weekends ,loss of homes etc. will still outweigh the comfort of knowing that Turks wont be invading the UK and that they are not paying for a European army, but hey I am just a remoaner what would I know.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Dear Admin,

Having not studied any history, and do not realize that no-one has any clue what will happen, I have concluded that I am a cretin. I therefore tend my resignation,

Yours etc,

Surely a double negative there "do not realize that no-one has any clue what will happen".

But I can't argue on your conclusion that you're a cretin

As you were.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Whew! Good thing I studied history*

*It was GCSE-level history and all I can remember was spending 3 months reading about 1920's China and Sun Yat-sen, does that count?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Dear Admin,

Having not studied any history, and not realizing that no-one has any clue what will happen, I have concluded that I am a cretin. I therefore tender my resignation,

Yours etc,
    Love the ironing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X