• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Project Lie

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Project Lie"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    I think the Op was referring to the Guardian Newspaper being the Official reading material of the remain camp.
    The Times has plenty of pro-remain contributors. You seem to be unaware that like the leave vote, the remain vote had a large proportion of voters from both the conservative and labour camps. It was not really party along political lines.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    So that's a Yes then. Not just in theory but in practice.

So, the 100 million per week is never sent to EU and the UK has a veto over it (accepting that it is a feature of a veto that the party that holds the veto may choose not to wield it).

So in what way does leaving the EU free up this 100 million per week to spend on other priorities?
    Creative accounting?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    In theory we do, but if the PM chooses not to use it (as Blair did) what's the point in having it?
    So that's a Yes then. Not just in theory but in practice.

So, the 100 million per week is never sent to EU and the UK has a veto over it (accepting that it is a feature of a veto that the party that holds the veto may choose not to wield it).

So in what way does leaving the EU free up this 100 million per week to spend on other priorities?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    You didn't answer the question. So again:

Are you saying that the UK does not have a veto over changes to the rebate?
    In theory we do, but if the PM chooses not to use it (as Blair did) what's the point in having it?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    You are clearly incapable of seeing the wood for the trees.
    I suggest you have another smoke and everything will be ok.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
    Sure.

Leave a comment:

• Yorkie62
    replied
    It's clearly too complex for you.

The Guardian, like other grown up papers such as the Telegraph and FT, has a range of writers who write opinion pieces. The Guardian has always been pro Remain. Larry Elliott, one of its regular writers, has been pro Leave.

Do you honestly think that including this opinion piece means that the paper considers project fear bollox?

If the answer is yes, we can just leave it at that. I don't have time to educate the mince today.
    You are clearly incapable of seeing the wood for the trees.
    I suggest you have another smoke and everything will be ok.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Ps I'd get a new dot-to-dot book if I were you as yours is clearly flawed.

It's clearly too complex for you.

The Guardian, like other grown up papers such as the Telegraph and FT, has a range of writers who write opinion pieces. The Guardian has always been pro Remain. Larry Elliott, one of its regular writers, has been pro Leave.

Do you honestly think that including this opinion piece means that the paper considers project fear bollox?

If the answer is yes, we can just leave it at that. I don't have time to educate the mince today.

Leave a comment:

• Yorkie62
    replied
    FFS. He said that the official paper considers project fear bollox.

I said that it is an opinion piece. I will join the dots for you. An opinion piece is not the same as an editorial position.
    Ps I'd get a new dot-to-dot book if I were you as yours is clearly flawed.

Leave a comment:

• Yorkie62
    replied

I said that it is an opinion piece. I will join the dots for you. An opinion piece is not the same as an editorial position.
    It may be an opinion piece but it is still printed in The Guardian newspaper. Now unless I am mistaken anything published in any newspaper is subject to some form of editorial review, I.e. it doesn't get in without editorial approval. Is not The Guardian a pro remain newspaper with I assume a pro remain editor. Therefore to publish in what the Op actually called "...the Mung bean eaters official paper..." which actually refers to the Gaudian as the reading material of Choice for the veggies. It is irrelevant as to whether of not it is an opinion piece. It is about which publication it was published in and therefore subjected to editorial review of said publication. That in itself gives some credibility towards it being a sanctioned (official if you like) piece.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I think the Op was referring to the Guardian Newspaper being the Official reading material of the remain camp.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    The reason why the doom didn't happen was because the government didn't leave the EU! If Cameron had gone over to Brussels in June 2016 to give notice of a "WTO Brexit" and not a Brino transition the UK would have left the EU in the middle of last year and trucks would be queueing 20 miles at Dover, and all those doom laden predictions would probably have come true. The economic forecast based on EEA membership, which is what the current deal is in effect predicted no doom.

Leave a comment:

• Yorkie62
    replied
    Do you understand what an opinion piece is? Larry Elliott was pro Brexit, writing is a pro Remain paper.

Congrats on maintaining your usual standards.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Brexit Armageddon was a terrifying vision – but it simply hasn’t happened | Larry Elliott | Opinion | The Guardian

hmmm

you have to worry when the mung bean eaters official paper considers project fear bollox
    Do you understand what an opinion piece is? Larry Elliott was pro Brexit, writing is a pro Remain paper.

Congrats on maintaining your usual standards.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

Brexit Armageddon was a terrifying vision – but it simply hasn’t happened | Larry Elliott | Opinion | The Guardian

hmmm

you have to worry when the mung bean eaters official paper considers project fear bollox

Remember all that? It was hard to avoid the doom and gloom, not just in the weeks leading up to the referendum, but in those immediately after it. Many of those who voted remain comforted themselves with the certain knowledge that those who had voted for Brexit would suffer a bad case of buyer’s remorse.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    Thanks.

Not exactly for nothing though was it?
    How exactly did the UK benefit from said deal?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X