• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "So Corbyn would rather watch I'm a Celebrity than debate Brexit?"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Bearing in mind the topic of discussion is Brexit, then I would think quite a lot. They'll all be sitting there in their Union Jack boxers with their union jack wearing Bulldogs shouting "Go on Theresa, send the ****ers home" at the TV
    I don't think they'd want to watch a political debate Especially where none of the people taking part want to Leave anyway!

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Personally I think JC should swap places with Harry Redknapp. It would make for a much more inneresting debate, and Corbyn would have to eat all those entrails. Yum...

Leave a comment:

• DeludedKitten
    replied
    Watch IACGMOOH first and you'll become accustomed to watching a load of unpalatable balls...

Leave a comment:

• Unix
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Brexit debate: Clash over whether BBC or ITV will host debate - BBC News

Good to see the Opposition Leader has his priorities right. Though it does show he really is a man of the people, because they'd all rather watch I'm (not really) a Celebrity than the debate too!

I think he means everyone will be watching that rather than the debate.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    If you drew a Venn diagram of Celeb viewersa nd political debate viewers, what would the overlap be?

Anyway I'm only making the easy gag, I quite like JC though I don't want him in charge of anything
    Bearing in mind the topic of discussion is Brexit, then I would think quite a lot. They'll all be sitting there in their Union Jack boxers with their union jack wearing Bulldogs shouting "Go on Theresa, send the ****ers home" at the TV

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    It might be a load of tulipe (it is) but it gets incredible viewing figures. Would you rather have the 'debate' on at the same time on another channel so that the proles don't watch it ?
    If you drew a Venn diagram of Celeb viewersa nd political debate viewers, what would the overlap be?

Anyway I'm only making the easy gag, I quite like JC though I don't want him in charge of anything

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    It would matter if it was important. However since nobody who'll be watching can make any difference at all to the debate or the subsequent vote, it is not important in the slightest. Mare a case of bread and circuses to distract the masses.

Anyway McClusky has obviously told Corbyn not to cooperate, so he's looking for excuses to duck out, and he's too much of a wimp to say it's pointless.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied

Good to see the Opposition Leader has his priorities right. Though it does show he really is a man of the people, because they'd all rather watch I'm (not really) a Celebrity than the debate too!
    It might be a load of tulipe (it is) but it gets incredible viewing figures. Would you rather have the 'debate' on at the same time on another channel so that the proles don't watch it ?

Leave a comment:

• So Corbyn would rather watch I'm a Celebrity than debate Brexit?

Mr Corbyn claimed he preferred ITV's bid out of "respect" for viewers who wanted to watch the I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! final on ITV the same evening - 9 December.

"I want to watch it myself," he said.

Working...
X