• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Equal rights for Low Cost Workers"

Collapse

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    So it's far better that we import cheap Romanians than cheap Indians. Just so as we know you're sure...
    Romanians on average earn three times the average salary in India and the population of India is a hundred times bigger, so you can figure out yourself which will shove your salary down more.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Indeed jobs will go to the lowest bidder.
    So it's far better that we import cheap Romanians than cheap Indians. Just so as we know you're sure...

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Good news for him - Brexit will lead to exodus of British engineering talent, which isn’t appreciated here anyway

I might move to Germany myself
    No it won't and yes it is.

I work for a (Foreign owned)company that is moving its heavy engineering manufacture into the UK, from China(tulip quality + Tariffs) and India(tulip Quality).

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Erm, nope, the technical director of a manufacturer of heavy industrial equipment bemoaning the loss of technical and manufacturing companies in the Dusseldorf area and the inability to recruit enough technical resource for his departments.
    Good news for him - Brexit will lead to exodus of British engineering talent, which isn’t appreciated here anyway

I might move to Germany myself

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    With Trump limiting Indian temporary workers on visas you'll find the cream of the crop, who used to go to the US by default, will probably come here as part of a new India-UK post-Brexit trade deal. Those guys (from the top IITs) will eat you for breakfast.

Yep NLyUK is looking forward to the new workers, but due to contention she says crap payers and whingers like you will have to wait until lunchtime for service.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Erm, nope, the technical director of a manufacturer of heavy industrial equipment bemoaning the loss of technical and manufacturing companies in the Dusseldorf area and the inability to recruit enough technical resource for his departments.
    And how does that relate to "mass unemployment", Sir Duncealot?
    I happen to know the West Rhine Westphalia area quite well as one of my previous clients was based there and I have family there.
    It most certainly does not have mass unemployment.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    German unemployment is at a 38 year low. Maybe you were visiting some of those far right people you were going on about and listening to their bulltulip...

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Well, having heard of "No go areas" and mass unemployment due to loss of industry in what was part of the German Industrial complex, something is going to go "pop". Oh and don't forget, Rats on the street, and I wasn't in Hamelin!
    What a pile of crap.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Well, having heard of "No go areas" and mass unemployment due to loss of industry in what was part of the German Industrial complex, something is going to go "pop". Oh and don't forget, Rats on the street, and I wasn't in Hamelin!
    German unemployment is at a 38 year low. Maybe you were visiting some of those far right people you were going on about and listening to their bulltulip...

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    Less “Fat Boy Full English” establishments to spoil my trips abroad.
    Not to worry, I expect that the sort of tacky hipster cocktail bars that you and your friends send their cheesy instagrams from will remain untouched.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Brexit plan will stop EU migrants 'jumping the queue' - BBC News

In fact more opportunities for low cost Workers and no consideration for UK workers in the EU.
    “Jumping the queue”. Funny, I didn’t realise that exercising treaty rights to move anywhere in the EU made that a queue.

The good news is that any Brits that have been “jumping the queue” to move to France or retire in Spain etc will now be pushed to the back. Less “Fat Boy Full English” establishments to spoil my trips abroad.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    You think it's going to lurch further right than JRM/Farage?
    Last edited by Zigenare; 19 November 2018, 17:53.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Erm, no they won't. Germany as a whole may seem attractive to some - however its Nationalist tendencies are coming to the fore - it's going to get very messy very soon.
    You think it's going to lurch further right than JRM/Farage?

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    The best will go to Germany.

20-30% devaluation of Sterling should be enough to make "high paying" jobs in UK unattractive (especially due to high taxes in this country).
    Erm, no they won't. Germany as a whole may seem attractive to some - however its Nationalist tendencies are coming to the fore - it's going to get very messy very soon.

Stock up on baked beans and shotgun shells - those of you that aren't total fuqwits and can be trusted with a shotgun that is. Sasguru, sorry mate, I wouldn't trust you with a feather duster.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Nope. It will be easier for them to come here post-Brexit than go to Germany.
    Unless of course the effect on the economy of Brexit is severe, in which case the discussion is moot.
    The best will go to Germany.

20-30% devaluation of Sterling should be enough to make "high paying" jobs in UK unattractive (especially due to high taxes in this country).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X