• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Why are Brexiters so angry?"

Collapse

• BR14
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by GJABS View Post
    No, one part of the democratic process cannot subvert another part. May, despite being elected by the people, is constrained by the decision of the people in the referendum, to carry out the will of the people in that regard. She has to deliver brexit, which by default is a hard brexit. She may not alter her interpretation of the meaning of brexit to satisfy her current political expediencies.
    Indeed the general election was about deciding who runs the country in general - it was never a mandate about how brexit was to be carried out.
    So stick that in your pipe and smoke it
    You really are a dim one aren't you. The ref came first, followed by the GE. The ref said 'Brexit', but not exactly what Brexit looked like. At the GE the voting public had a choice of which Brexit they went for - only UKIP offered hard brexit, and their vote collapsed. UKIP are a failed ideology. You lost, get over it. The public voted as a majority for a less radical Brexit offered by the Tories and Labour. Unfortunately there are still a vocal minority of cretins (much like yourself) who think the people want something that they have clearly rejected at the ballot box.

I know this is difficult for you to understand with your religious fanatical beliefs around Brexit, but you're wrong. You lost. UKIP lost. Go crawl back under your rock. Or, continue to Makes no difference to me.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    And no doubt you will continue to repeat that mantra until the sound of the tanks drowns it out?

You know that people in power will do their best to hold onto that power regardless of what it takes.
    Yep, just look at a hapless Prime Minister

Leave a comment:

• Cirrus
    replied
    Times change

And no doubt you will continue to repeat that mantra until the sound of the tanks drowns it out?
    I dunno if this helps, Original, but if you see lots of German planes amassing, if they say Lufthansa on the side, that's different to 'Luftwaffe'. And they can't bomb half the places you're worried about because the Germans are now the owners of those factories.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    And there we have it, the tinfoil hat brigade 🤣

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

You know that people in power will do their best to hold onto that power regardless of what it takes.

Leave a comment:

• Cirrus
    replied
    I notice you're not denying that your posts are full of homi fluff..
    I'm not a homi but I don't have anything against them - live and let live, I say - except they block up Central London with their Gay Pride marches.

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied
    Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
    You didn't make an argument. You fell off your push bike, banged your head and woke up in hospital having regressed to the the Lower IVth Form.
    I notice you're not denying that your posts are full of ad-hominem fluff..

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Cirrus
    replied
    Just keep taking the pills

I'll take that as you agreeing with my argument, as you have posted fluff, rather than a reasoned objection to it.
    You didn't make an argument. You fell off your push bike, banged your head and woke up in hospital having regressed to the the Lower IVth Form.

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied
    Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
    Well you live and learn. I never realised that the Internet reaches out to Cloud Cuckoo Land.
    I'll take that as you agreeing with my argument, as you have posted fluff, rather than a reasoned objection to it.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Cirrus
    replied
    May, despite being elected by the people, is constrained by the decision of the people in the referendum, to carry out the will of the people in that regard. She has to deliver brexit, which by default is a hard brexit. She may not alter her interpretation of the meaning of brexit to satisfy her current political expediencies.
    Well you live and learn. I never realised that the Internet reaches out to Cloud Cuckoo Land.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    And this is probably the most deluded thing of all.

The only interest the EU has in those 27 countries is ensuring they do not leave the EU and continue paying into the pot.

Junker and his mates could not give a fook if a hundred polish children die each day from starvation as long as their political gravy train carries on giving.

'Or is the EU some kind of top secret cabal of invisible masterminds wanting to control everyone ' - it's not a secret but yes they do want to control everything - if they had a choice there would be no individual countries and just a single country - with a single ruling party.
    And there we have it, the tinfoil hat brigade 🤣

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    The EU is 27 (well 28 actually but one seems to want to leave) different countries which means that they all have their own interests which at the end of the day is Europe unlike the UK...Or is the EU some kind of top secret cabal of invisible masterminds wanting to control everyone
    And this is probably the most deluded thing of all.

The only interest the EU has in those 27 countries is ensuring they do not leave the EU and continue paying into the pot.

Junker and his mates could not give a fook if a hundred polish children die each day from starvation as long as their political gravy train carries on giving.

'Or is the EU some kind of top secret cabal of invisible masterminds wanting to control everyone ' - it's not a secret but yes they do want to control everything - if they had a choice there would be no individual countries and just a single country - with a single ruling party.

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Therefore, the will of the people is for May to deliver Brexit; if the people wanted the extreme Brexit put forward by UKIP they would have voted UKIP. They didn't. So, as I say, suck it up buttercup, May is delivering to the will of the people
    No, one part of the democratic process cannot subvert another part. May, despite being elected by the people, is constrained by the decision of the people in the referendum, to carry out the will of the people in that regard. She has to deliver brexit, which by default is a hard brexit. She may not alter her interpretation of the meaning of brexit to satisfy her current political expediencies.
    Indeed the general election was about deciding who runs the country in general - it was never a mandate about how brexit was to be carried out.
    So stick that in your pipe and smoke it

Leave a comment:

• Cirrus
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    May is delivering to the will of the people
    I don't think so. I don't hope so.

She's delivering the majority view of the people who've got half a brain, particularly in Parliament. Having tried to see how to do Brexit without causing a lot of damage, and not being able to enlist the europeans into digging us out of the mess by screwing up the EU, she's seen the writing on the wall and bravely set sail for BRINO. She's saving Britain - God bless her!

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    I did vote UKIP at the last election - I'm a member of that party. The mandate of the people was to leave the EU, no ifs, no buts. It is the duty of the elected government, of whatever colour, to deliver that exit exactly as prescribed by the electorate during the referendum, the default plan being no deal, anything else possibly by request by the EU if it wholly serves our interests.
    You voted as your convictions, that's good. Unfortunately the people of the UK did not agree with you and voted in May, with Corbyn 2nd. UKIP and their version of Brexit was nowhere to be seen (how many MPs do you have?). Therefore, the will of the people is for May to deliver Brexit; if the people wanted the extreme Brexit put forward by UKIP they would have voted UKIP. They didn't. So, as I say, suck it up buttercup, May is delivering to the will of the people If you don't like this, you know what to do ... and watch the door doesn't hit your @rse as you leave the country

Leave a comment:

Working...
X