• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: UK to join Euro!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "UK to join Euro!"

Collapse

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    In 2020, when the sky hasn't fallen in and everything is pretty much ticking along as it did before ... what are you lot going to post about?
    Corbyn's tax rises, though one can only guess at this time. There is always something interesting to discuss.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    In 2020, when the sky hasn't fallen in and everything is pretty much ticking along as it did before ... what are you lot going to post about?
    Oh, they’ll still be posting on here blaming the EU for everything and saying that when we leave things will be so much better

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    We’ll be posting “told you so’s” about being BRINO while the Brexiters huff and puff about being a vassal state....

Let’s face it, unless and until our government seek a consensus position, this is going to roll on for years one way or the other.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Careful mate, you're on very thin ice here. Haven't you been listening? We'll all be dead by May 2019...

Leave a comment:

• tomtomagain
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bean
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Feck me, you love proving you're a simple-minded, binary, autistic, mentally ill moron at every opportunity, don't you?
    You really are a waste of time and bandwidth.
    Says the cretin that posts mutually exclusive ad-hominems...

You asked what was incorrect about the statement by Blasterbates and I provided you with the answer - do you agree or disagree, that his statement was false?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Bean View Post
    Well, use the English language accurately and then there would be no point at all

Your statement was false and has now been proven as such, with your own source, which is very funny
    Feck me, you love proving you're a simple-minded, binary, autistic, mentally ill moron at every opportunity, don't you?
    You really are a waste of time and bandwidth.
    Last edited by sasguru; 31 August 2018, 14:15.

Leave a comment:

• Bean
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    You're point is actually totally irrelevant it is minutiae.

Well, use the English language accurately and then there would be no point at all

Your statement was false and has now been proven as such, with your own source, which is very funny

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    So glad I was replying to your post before you deleted it Blaster

You're point is actually totally irrelevant it is minutiae.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Blaster is factually incorrect, due to the use of the word 'always' in this statement;

From his link; Blaster didn't realise the link actually backs up Malvolio's statement

Page 10, Table 1 - the year, 2015 for Inward investment; years 2012, 2014, 2015 & 2016 for Outward investment.
    (and that's only covering years 2011-2017 - go further back and I'm sure there will be other data points contradicting his incorrect statement...)

HTH
    I see splitting hairs, that in one year France 2015 did get a bit more investment even though the UK got massively more in 2014 and 2016 (10 times and 5 times respectively). I don't think that is what Malvolio was on about. I wasn't considering outward investment that is irrelevant to the discussion.

I will concede that minor point and you can do a lap of honour, but doesn't change the fact that the UK is facing a massive potential slowdown if there is a hard Brexit.

Leave a comment:

• Bean
    replied
    So glad I was replying to your post before you deleted it Blaster

Leave a comment:

• Bean
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates
    Oh dear, have you actually read it

http://www.oecd.org/industry/inv/inv...April-2018.pdf

page 10 table 1 FDI inward flows 2017 UK 15 billion, France 49 billion

2012 - 2016 show high levels of FDI for the UK

never mind

As malvolio says no point in arguing

Did you actually read my post? I'm not arguing France had worse figures in 2017, i'm arguing that in the past, the UK didn't always beat France....Table 1, p10 figures prove this, ergo your statement was false and Malvolio was correct.

It's you use of the word 'always' with regards to past figures....

never mind

Leave a comment:

• Bean
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Why is he wrong? Is his data wrong?
    Or is it just that you've a gut feeling that he can't be correct?
    Blaster is factually incorrect, due to the use of the word 'always' in this statement;
    Originally posted by Blasterbates
    Indeed, France got 50 billion of inward investment in 2017, UK got 15 billion, in the past the UK always beat France for FDI. Doesn't look good,

From his link; Blaster didn't realise the link actually backs up Malvolio's statement

Page 10, Table 1 - the year, 2015 for Inward investment; years 2012, 2014, 2015 & 2016 for Outward investment.
    (and that's only covering years 2011-2017 - go further back and I'm sure there will be other data points contradicting his incorrect statement...)

HTH

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Yeah, well, you're wrong but there's not point in arguing.
    Why is he wrong? Is his data wrong?
    Or is it just that you've a gut feeling that he can't be correct?

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Yeah, well, you're wrong but there's not point in arguing.
    No indeed, there isn't

OECD Foreign Direct Investment

Leave a comment:

Working...
X