• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Would hardline brexiteers be willing to give up NI altogheter"

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Ulster Says No !

The man from Del Monte, he say Yes !

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Ironic that he still ended up in Swindon.
    That's what gets me. That's what I don't understand. There are many quite nice places in the UK in spite of everything and someone chooses to live in Swindon. Why on earth?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    You mean May giving you a hard one.
    Your CSE grade 3 in Geography and VB3 skills weren't enough to escape, then?
    Ironic that he still ended up in Swindon.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    More chance of Mrs May giving you a hard one, I'm afraid.
    You mean May giving you a hard one.
    Your CSE grade 3 in Geography and VB3 skills weren't enough to escape, then?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    We had a cushty number with our deal with the EU. Keep our currency, get the rebate, get access to the largest or second largest market in the world for free.
    I accept our politicians fooked up by putting no restrictions on EU migration. But that's our fault not the EU's.
    The EU has a get-out clause saying EU migrants should not have access to free benefits - so all that needed to be done is insist on private health care for any EU incomer, because in the UK unlike most of Europe, healthcare is free. Look at the barriers Switzerland puts up - it means they simply get the best people, while, on paper, following EU free-movement rules.
    But no, crass stupidity and incompetence couldn't organise that simple proviso.

It's too late now, of course, I do hope a hard Brexit is in the offing.
    Outside Schengen too.

The EEA would be a pretty good solution that would fit well with the centre ground of British sentiment. A bit in / a bit out / let the centre pursue ever closer union if it feels like it.

However, the disaster capitalists won't have the spirit of Brexit betrayed, so it's 20 years' hard labour down the jam mines for the lot of you!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    We had a cushty number with our deal with the EU. Keep our currency, get the rebate, get access to the largest or second largest market in the world for free.
    I accept our politicians fooked up by putting no restrictions on EU migration. But that's our fault not the EU's.
    The EU has a get-out clause saying EU migrants should not have access to free benefits - so all that needed to be done is insist on private health care for any EU incomer, because in the UK unlike most of Europe, healthcare is free. Look at the barriers Switzerland puts up - it means they simply get the best people, while, on paper, following EU free-movement rules.

More chance of Mrs May giving you a hard one, I'm afraid.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    This ^^^^^

Thatcher pulled a blinder with the rebate. Why do the thatcherites want to throw it away. The old bitch must be turning in her grave.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    No, the rabid right-wing press that expected some sort of exceptionalism for Cameron contributed to the perception that he went cap-in-hand and received nothing.

The deal we already have is better than any other EU country, and yet it’s still not good enough for the moaning minnies.
    This ^^^^^

Thatcher pulled a blinder with the rebate. Why do the thatcherites want to throw it away. The old bitch must be turning in her grave.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Who would negotiate that then?

There is no way on earth that the EU would offer that. Their treatment of Cameron the last time he went cap-in-hand certainly did something to contribute to the referendum result.
    No, the rabid right-wing press that expected some sort of exceptionalism for Cameron contributed to the perception that he went cap-in-hand and received nothing.

The deal we already have is better than any other EU country, and yet it’s still not good enough for the moaning minnies.

Leave a comment:

• DeludedKitten
    replied
    We shall see. By the time any deal has been fudged we’d be better off inside with a rebate, a veto and influence.
    At the moment, we're inside with lots of opt-outs.

In the future, we'll be outside asking for lots of opt ins.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied

There is no way on earth that the EU would offer that. Their treatment of Cameron the last time he went cap-in-hand certainly did something to contribute to the referendum result.
    That’s pretty much the Norway deal with a few alterations around fishing. You’re right we shouldn’t want that but I can see a fudged deal that means that.

Leave a comment:

• GreenMirror
    replied
    While giving up NI can we give up Scotland and Wales too?

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    We shall see. By the time any deal has been fudged we’d be better off inside with a rebate, a veto and influence.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Unacceptable - we have voted and the majority have chosen that we leave.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Option 4: cancel this tulipshow and all stay in the EU.
    Unacceptable - we have voted and the majority have chosen that we leave.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X