• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Brexit Progress at Last!"

Collapse

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    So exactly how does that explain Farage and his ilk?
    You would have to ask them. From what I know he went in there with the intention of getting UK out of the EU. Probably been paid a tidy sum since then and now has a income from outside of his actual work.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Don't blame the EU for anything. I think if I was part of the group running the EU, I would be doing my best to protect it. I would want the salary, perks, fantastic pension etc.

Would I want Brexit it if I was them, no way. I would have to do some hard-work and when would you get time.

Anyway, change is good.
    So exactly how does that explain Farage and his ilk?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    If you're agreeing with oPM, you've as good as won the argument.
    Glad you are finally seeing sense...

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Nope, you go round blaming the EU for everything instead.
    Don't blame the EU for anything. I think if I was part of the group running the EU, I would be doing my best to protect it. I would want the salary, perks, fantastic pension etc.

Would I want Brexit it if I was them, no way. I would have to do some hard-work and when would you get time.

Anyway, change is good.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    I just see myself as an educator, you may call me a hero I guess, but I'm just a man, a super man but in the end I'm just like you but better.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    I don't go round blaming the internet.
    Nope, you go round blaming the EU for everything instead.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    When the internet came along it is true some jobs became superfluous but, it created new opportunities. Brexit will lead to highly paid jobs leaving for Europe. Several thousand very well paid jobs at those European agencies and Goldman Sachs will now be leaving for the EU. However as with the internet because of restrictions on low skilled workers it means new opportunities will appear to work on the fruit farms or at Weatherspoons.
    Doooommmmm, Glooooommmmm.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    When the internet came along it is true some jobs became superfluous but, it created new opportunities. Brexit will lead to highly paid jobs leaving for Europe. Several thousand very well paid jobs at those European agencies and Goldman Sachs will now be leaving for the EU. However as with the internet because of restrictions on low skilled workers it means new opportunities will appear to work on the fruit farms or at Weatherspoons.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Have to agree with this. I lost a perm job many years ago because the internet started to take over business. I don't go round blaming the internet.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Seriously??

And we all get to vote on companies that go bust or decide to downsize to line someone's pockets do we?

All decisions made have consequences - there is always someone to blame.

Not wishing to piss on her bonfire but no one was thinking about her specifically when they voted.

Fookin snowflake thinking.
    Have to agree with this. I lost a perm job many years ago because the internet started to take over business. I don't go round blaming the internet.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    A friend of mine will lose her job as a direct result of the medicines agency moving out of the UK. She has 2 young children, but thankfully her husband's job in pharma is currently still safe. There is a very human side to Brexit that the idiots who voted out choose to ignore.
    I have a friend in a similar position who is an IT contractor. He and his family are planning to follow the work wherever it goes.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    A friend of mine will lose her job as a direct result of the medicines agency moving out of the UK. She has 2 young children, but thankfully her husband's job in pharma is currently still safe. There is a very human side to Brexit that the idiots who voted out choose to ignore.
    Seriously??

And we all get to vote on companies that go bust or decide to downsize to line someone's pockets do we?

All decisions made have consequences - there is always someone to blame.

Not wishing to piss on her bonfire but no one was thinking about her specifically when they voted.

Fookin snowflake thinking.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Paris gets the EBA: https://www.theguardian.com/politics...xit-relocation

Proving Mr. Davis wrong....

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Paris gets the EBA: https://www.theguardian.com/politics...xit-relocation

Proving Mr. Davis wrong....

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    The saboteur MSM conveniently ignores the new jobs to be created by the Anglo Narnian Unicorn Syndicate.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X