• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "A Brexit Thread from Someone who Didn't Vote"

Collapse

• mav2005
    replied

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Osborne & Camoron got it wrong, as we know, so anything can happen. Perhaps the EU will start being reasonable instead of behaving like schoolboys who are upset that we want to leave their gang, but I'm not holding my breath...
    I have come to realise that you probably actually believe the nonsense you spout.

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Osborne & Camoron got it wrong, as we know, so anything can happen. Perhaps the EU will start being reasonable instead of behaving like schoolboys who are upset that we want to leave their gang, but I'm not holding my breath...
    Of course, EU is upset, and why on hearth EU should be happy?
    The only schoolboys that I see in this process are the British.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Bee View Post
    Should not be this way, when you vote, you need to vote with conscience, means smart enough to preview the consequences.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    Uncanny.
    I hope that’s her death mask and not her cumface.....
    Just use the same face twice. Government efficiency.

Leave a comment:

• Bean
    replied
    Originally posted by Bee View Post
    Should not be this way, when you vote, you need to vote with conscience, means smart enough to preview the consequences.
    In an ideal world yes, the consequences of both possible outcomes would be known and a completely informed choice could be made.

Unfortunately, they were/are not (for both sides) as this decision and the process of leaving is a precedent.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Uncanny.
    I hope that’s her death mask and not her cumface.....

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    if she did die they'd keep her on ice for a year or so. Wheel her out every few months.

Like the ruskies did with this chap

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by Bean View Post

It's not completely 1-sided, but we all have to see what happens in the end (unless a CuKer is on one of the neg teams)

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    That’s Nanny’s job.
    Nanny gets Defence.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    "Minister for Children with silly names", surely...

That’s Nanny’s job.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    I vote Jacob Rees Mogg for the health portfolio.
    "Minister for Children with silly names", surely...

Leave a comment:

• Bean
    replied
    Originally posted by motoukenin View Post
    Although I do understand and actually agree with some of your arguments, the way Brexit has been managed by UK gov has been at best amateur.
    Agreed. Although saying that, It was always going to be difficult, even if a cross-party team was doing it (perhaps even more so in that case!)

Thinking that they could leave and tell the EU what the deal was going to be was just naive and now we are in a position with increasing interest rates , mortage payments going up , stagnant wage levels and to cap it all having to put tariffs on imported goods to protect businesses here , and more importantly tax revenue's which is just going to make it even harder.
    It's not completely 1-sided, but we all have to see what happens in the end (unless a CuKer is on one of the neg teams)

I am pretty sure that when the 2 years is up , or when we know in Oct 2018 what he deal is UK Gov will be facing huge strikes, low popularity and there will be a general impression from the public that this has not been done well, possibly even an election where Mr Corbyn will be giving us a new misguided view of how it should be done.
    Very possible, not that many in the WM bubble will care - ~95% of them will end up keeping their jobs (well, snouts in trough)

Am I so glad I got out of UK when I did.
    Where did you go out of interest?

Leave a comment:

• Bean
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    There is no proposal to stay inside CEN or to stay in the European Commission. I have pointed out that it would be a good idea if the UK did and explained why. Every time you try to twist my words, when you realise you’re still wrong you trot out “but it might not happen”. You’re right, Brexit might not happen.

But since your mind thinks that making products more expensive for the UK market and closing down UK businesses is just “basic capitalism”, then you are accepting that Brexit is really bad for the UK economy long term. In the short term, while the UK slavishly accepts new EC rules and CEN standards post Brexit, then the issue is non existent. But if UK businesses when selling in the UK are abiding by EC rules, then we’ve not really left, have we?

Basic Intelligence.
    Ah ok, I may have mixed up you suggesting with the UK proposing......I'm not trying to twist your words (feel free to not believe that if you wish) honest, Your points just seems to contradict themselves at certain points.

I'm not accepting that, merely pointing out under capitalism - prices will be set and people can choose to buy. Those prices will change (or the products no longer offered) if the market conditions dictate.

Nobody knows what the final settlement/agreement will be. Nobody knows which bodies/orgs/standards we may or may not be part of at the end of it, so most of everyone's posts are crystal-balling. I accept this - but you don't appear to.

Also, following the regulations of the market, in which you want to sell - is a condition of trade - but as previously pointed out, it won't (shouldn't) include a while raft of EU regulations unrelated to trade.

I'm simply stating that since the CEN standards appear (after posts in this thread) to be reasonably stringent/decent, it would be a good to idea (if no UK specific scheme has been setup in time) to accept them, until such a time as the UK scheme starts.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    I thought May was the hill walker.
    if she did die they'd keep her on ice for a year or so. Wheel her out every few months.

Like the ruskies did with this chap

Leave a comment:

Working...
X