• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Far out for Merkel?"

Collapse

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    "It estimates that trend growth will fall to 0.75pc a year by 2021 unless something is done to revive Germany’s stagnant productivity."

No. 10 dreams of such dizzy heights
    Some would say your comments don't purvey the same sense of confidence today.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Looking more and more likely a Jamaican coalition will be formed. And since the SPD and AFD will never agree on anything they're be next to no opposition. Lucky Brexiters...
    Last edited by scooterscot; 25 September 2017, 13:03.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    "It estimates that trend growth will fall to 0.75pc a year by 2021 unless something is done to revive Germany’s stagnant productivity."

No. 10 dreams of such dizzy heights

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Benny View Post
    Except the Beer hall Putsch occurred in 1923 some seven years before the Nazis made electoral gains in 1930 so your timeline is a tad out
    Have you seen how many MPs UKIP has? Next!

Leave a comment:

• Benny
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    That suits Farage fine. He wants it to fall apart so he can carry out his Beer Hall Putsch.
    Except the Beer hall Putsch occurred in 1923 some seven years before the Nazis made electoral gains in 1930 so your timeline is a tad out

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by chopper View Post
    To quote Nigel Farage himself, on his own LBC radio show:

"If Brexit is a disaster, I will go and live abroad. I'll go and live somewhere else."
    Actually he said that if the UK's democratically elected sovereign parliament did not follow his model of Brexit:

then I will be forced to don khaki, pick up a rifle and head for the front lines.

Leave a comment:

• chopper
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Looks like Farage shot himself in the foot
    To quote Nigel Farage himself, on his own LBC radio show:

"If Brexit is a disaster, I will go and live abroad. I'll go and live somewhere else."

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    German election result bad for Brexit

Looks like Farage shot himself in the foot as the German government will now have to kick the UK hard to put the AfD down.
    That suits Farage fine. He wants it to fall apart so he can carry out his Beer Hall Putsch.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

Looks like Farage shot himself in the foot as the German government will now have to kick the UK hard to put the AfD down.
    But Farage wants a hard Brexit, doesn't he? This will make it more likely. Let's hope so anyway, hard Brexit is the best outcome for some.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    He is nonetheless magnificent.
    It is interesting how you can spin the most positive economic news to be negative.

The facts:

The economy is growing strongly
    Low inflation
    Improving productivity
    Wage growth
    Running a budget surplus
    Low private debt
    Average asset prices

The question you have to ask yourself is if the UK could boast the same and Germany was like the UK would Ambrose then be arguing that Germany would be successful. I very much suspect that he would be boasting about the UK and sneering at the demise of Germany.

I like the bit about monetary union and a loose economic policy; he seem to have changed his tune because he used to argue it was too strict. He seems to sway in the wind desperately finding arguments as to why the Eurozone is about to imminently destruct whilst ignoring the economic doom on his doorstep.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    He is one of those people who is seemingly never right. If you look at the facts and not the commentary its a good article highlighting the lack of investment and a budget requirement for a balanced budget which could cause problems down the line.
    He is nonetheless magnificent.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    I see that Ambrose has finally given up on his repeated predictions of the imminent demise of the Euro.

He is one of those people who is seemingly never right. If you look at the facts and not the commentary its a good article highlighting the lack of investment and a budget requirement for a balanced budget which could cause problems down the line.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    I see that Ambrose has finally given up on his repeated predictions of the imminent demise of the Euro.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Queen Angela commands a German economy unfit for the 21st Century for those who want some background.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X