• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Far out for Merkel?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Interesting - and if Merkel had a landslide then no doubt it would have been the begining of a new era.

But because reality does not fit the fantasy you want to live in you are now playing the result down.

It's just so fookin tedious isn't it?
    You seem not to be able to comprehend basic English.
    Where have I played "the result down"?
    I'm merely observing that Brexiters seem to have an unhealthy interest in the EU - now that they realise Brexit is becoming an abject failure, all they can hope for is that our neiigbours fail.
    Which is sad, not to mention stupid.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
      It's very poor form, I did feel a little schadenfreude while watching the news this morning. Still perhaps it'll concentrate the minds of those like Blaster and Scooter to the problems at 'home' instead.
      I rest my case.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        I rest my case.
        Nothing of the sort. It was the second news article on the Beeb. Hard to miss while one had one's porridge.

Comment

It's very poor form, I did feel a little schadenfreude while watching the news this morning. Still perhaps it'll concentrate the minds of those like Blaster and Scooter to the problems at 'home' instead.
          The fact is the UK responded to their version of the AfD by leaving the EU and trashing the economy i.e. not even solving the problem that UKIP supporters were worried about, whereas the Germans will respond by simply by sounding tougher but without actually doing anything different.

For anyone living in Germany will know that members of the Waffen SS have already sat in various state parliaments. After a few years they'll simply get voted out again.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            The fact is the UK responded to their version of the AfD by leaving the EU and trashing the economy i.e. not even solving the problem that UKIP supporters were worried about, whereas the Germans will respond by simply by sounding tougher but without actually doing anything different.

For anyone living in Germany will know that members of the Waffen SS have already sat in various state parliaments. After a few years they'll simply get voted out again.

Or perhaps the genie is out of the bottle?

Comment

Nigel Farage is pro-AFD, so they must be reasonable and respectable democrats.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                Nigel Farage is pro-AFD, so they must be reasonable and respectable democrats.
                And Corbyn is chums with Sinn Fein. Your point might be over simplified?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  No need to take public opinion into account?
                  Who do you think votes in the German election?

Why are you Brexiters interested in the German election anyway?
                  We've left and are moving into the land of Nirvana aren't we?
                  Well I am interested because I like to watch what others are thinking. I certainly do not delight in the idea that she has inadvertently opened the doors to a truly nasty bunch right wingers. So now both France and Germany that have had brushes with far the right. Its not a good outlook is it?.

Comment

Or perhaps the genie is out of the bottle?
                    Not really, they'll probably be out by the next election. All slogans and no policies (see video "Berenberg says AfD will make some noise")

https://www.bloomberg.com/europe

What does that remind you of ?

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Queen Angela commands a German economy unfit for the 21st Century for those who want some background.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X