• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "May's big speech (in Florence cause UK is not suitable or something)"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Quote of the day from the comments

"I’m sorry to have to bring to your attention.Europe export to Britain 60% more than Britain exports to Europe . Europe will be paying the tax. Recent visit to Germany left me with this thought on speaking about brexit a woman said to me good the British will stay on their little island.my reply was if British people had stayed on their little island 72 years ago you would still be readingmine manor. And the French would still be goose stepping ."
    At least the Germans realize its a small island. The rest of the world needs to wake up.

If we are to end up like HK, can it be confined to Surrey where the sight of an outsider on a bike sends them rabid.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Quote of the day from the comments

"I’m sorry to have to bring to your attention.Europe export to Britain 60% more than Britain exports to Europe . Europe will be paying the tax. Recent visit to Germany left me with this thought on speaking about brexit a woman said to me good the British will stay on their little island.my reply was if British people had stayed on their little island 72 years ago you would still be readingmine manor. And the French would still be goose stepping ."

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by chopper View Post
    Tim Martin did a piece on 'This Week' on BBC last night. He sounded fairly deluded.
    Given that he's managed to create 'Spoons and all I do is drink in it, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by chopper View Post
    Anyone who watched QT last night will have wanted to destroy the telly...
    Only last night?

Leave a comment:

• chopper
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Tim Martin did a piece on 'This Week' on BBC last night. He sounded fairly deluded.

Does he not realise that his own firm hires LOTS of EU migrants? He seemed hell bent on WTO rules. For all his going on about democracy, at least the EU has a thin veil of democracy. Can't remember the last time I was able to vote for a Member of the WTO Parliament.

A lot of the old farts (Question Time was rife with them last night) have this whole "I voted to leave without paying any money" mentality, they just want out. They think tariffs are a couple of percent here and there, who cares. Yet the EU tariff on imports of lamb is 40%.

This man:
    https://twitter.com/Geo_tweety/statu...92240859860992
    (the man in the photo)
    What an utter utter tosspot. Anyone who watched QT last night will have wanted to destroy the telly whilst listening to his bollocks talk out loud.

Leave a comment:

• Stevie Wonder Boy
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    You should have seen the last bill for tackling the Germans.
    Or just the ERM exit in 1992. The EU is an economic fckup of grand proportions.

Edit here ... Just in case you where too young ...

16% base rate for a day before the rate dropped to 10%, phew what a relief for us Mortgage payers. A massive recession followed, not like this weak and wimpy slowdown the UK has experienced since 2008. People handed their keys back as they found themselves unemployed with mortgages more than the value of their houses. The UK experienced unemployment only matched by France now, mind you this was still half the rate that Spain and Greece have experienced.
    Last edited by Stevie Wonder Boy; 22 September 2017, 09:18.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    typical he is over there upsetting the Germans and he can't even do it right!

So Spooter have Germany offered you unilateral residency without applying like all the EU think the UK should do?
    They're rushing through special legislation to define scoots as persona non grata.

Leave a comment:

• PhiltheGreek
    replied

So Spooter have Germany offered you unilateral residency without applying like all the EU think the UK should do?
    Don't go there. If there is any basic language standard to be achieved for residency they'll be sending us the twunt back. Mind you, we could perhaps refuse him entry on the same grounds

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Ich kann nicht verstehen Sie, sprechen Deutsch bitte!
    rot op, - klootzak

Leave a comment:

• chopper
    replied
    It is clear, the EU are only interested in the money that we borrow to give to them. They may as well just openly state that. Of course the EU27 are panicing - either someone picks up the hole we leave, or it means less money to go round.

As for currency devaluation of 20%:

Right now, £1 buys $1.3582
    On Feb 29th 2016, £1 bought $1.3862.

Right now, £1 buys €1.1371
    On April 8th 2016, £1 bought €1.2360

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Ah 27 countries with their hands out, they obviously haven't understood that the UK is leaving and they need to pay their own bills.

As part of the divorce and being the poorer partner don't we get maintenance & the house?

Or maybe as we are at the Bar when did everyone else buy their round?

etc.

the truth, Tim Martin has spotted it

Theresa May's speech is a first step to not leaving the EU

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    The UK just needs to pay the bill.

EU demands the UK pays its bill

It is very simple. A special EU tax could be introduced to raise the money.

Ah 27 countries with their hands out, they obviously haven't understood that the UK is leaving and they need to pay their own bills.

As part of the divorce and being the poorer partner don't we get maintenance & the house?

Or maybe as we are at the Bar when did everyone else buy their round?

etc.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    FDB

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Ich kann Sie nicht verstehen Sie, sprechen Deutsch bitte!
    FDB

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    THIS nation? - you mean deutchland ??
    Ich kann nicht verstehen Sie, sprechen Deutsch bitte!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X