• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Big Fat Positive Brexit Thread"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Millions. Really.
    8.7 million foreign born apparently

Migrants in the UK: An Overview - Migration Observatory - The Migration Observatory

Between 1993 and 2015 the foreign-born population in the UK more than doubled from 3.8 million to around 8.7 million. During the same period, the number of foreign citizens increased from nearly 2 million to more than 5 million.
    one assumes some of them are wrong uns.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Millions. Really.
    I thought you told him to stop exaggerating at least a million times....

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Maybe you should try clicking on the link...This is one of the problems of today, people don't research before spouting off...
    I did click on the link, I liked the idea of Disco against racists.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    awesome what a lovely protest.

Unfortunately we have a problem and suggesting anyone who discusses it is a racist is hardly helpful.
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Didn't see him call you racist. Just saw him direct you to a group of people who share your views.
    maybe I misunderstood?
    Maybe you should try clicking on the link...This is one of the problems of today, people don't research before spouting off...

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Just too many damn furriners in the UK now.
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Didn't see him call you racist. Just saw him direct you to a group of people who share your views.
    maybe I misunderstood?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

Unfortunately we have a problem and suggesting anyone who discusses it is a racist is hardly helpful.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Just too many damn furriners in the UK now. Maybe I could direct you gentlemen here, EDL

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
    I'm really disappointed everyone has stayed schtum on the thorny issue of millions of third world rapists and jihadis pouring into the ports and Angela Merkel refusing to do anything about it whilst meanwhile they run-over, stab and explode every innocent French waiter or New Zealander on holiday over here. Research has shown immigration was a big (biggest) factor when people took their pens to their ballot sheets.
    not a lot of men called Smith & Jones in this lot

BBC One - Crimewatch - Wanted Faces

as only 1 in 8 in the UK is now foreign born they seem to be over represented here.
    Just too many damn furriners in the UK now. Maybe I could direct you gentlemen here, EDL

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Millions. Really.
    not a lot of men called Smith & Jones in this lot

BBC One - Crimewatch - Wanted Faces

as only 1 in 8 in the UK is now foreign born they seem to be over represented here.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I'm really disappointed everyone has stayed schtum on the thorny issue of millions of third world rapists and jihadis pouring into the ports
    Millions. Really.

Leave a comment:

• Cirrus
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Massive positive: the UK economy is the worst performing in the EU. When we leave, we will no longer be the worst performing in the EU.
    Can't fault your logic but I doubt that was what was going through voters' minds so we're currently left with Purp's Britain is too crap to survive inside the EU. The big problem with this proposition is I seem to remember we are not largely self contained (like eg the USA) but are actually the Worlds Greatest Trading Nation (tm) in terms of percentage of imports and exports vs internal consumption. I'm ready to be corrected on that but it doesn't bode well for hiding in a corner as a strategy.

I'm really disappointed everyone has stayed schtum on the thorny issue of millions of third world rapists and jihadis pouring into the ports and Angela Merkel refusing to do anything about it whilst meanwhile they run-over, stab and explode every innocent French waiter or New Zealander on holiday over here. Research has shown immigration was a big (biggest) factor when people took their pens to their ballot sheets.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Full marks for coming up with a tangible effect of Brexit. I think that makes you a thought leader on this channel just at this moment. Every other brexiteer seems to be gazing at their navels and dribbling.

A fundamental principle of the EU is a level playing field. This stops you using British steel purely on the grounds our useless steel industry would lose out and have to bus tons of locals down to the job centre.

However you know what we remainers are going to ask next: why do you think we lose on balance from this free market? Why do you think we couldn't have got as many compensating deals in the EU as we lost here in Blighty?

An obvious answer is the UK is crap compared to everywhere else, so we need protection from the harsh winds of competition. Now that might indeed be a valid point. It's not however one that was ever mentioned in all the vacuous claptrap thrown at the gullible public on the run up to the referendum. Do you think they worked that out for themselves -like you, Purp - or is there a teeny weeny risk they are still struggling to remember why they voted Leave?
    Not really bothered why others voted leave, that's their choice.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Massive positive: the UK economy is the worst performing in the EU. When we leave, we will no longer be the worst performing in the EU.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Ze laws will be obeyed...

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...-cash-hand-out

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    This is why the loony left hate the EU as much as the loony right. You're going to be delighted when Corbyn takes power and nationalises everything.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X