• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The best Brexit you can get..."

Collapse

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    ... is the least damaging one.
    Because all forms of Brexit lead to a shrinking of the economy.
    That logically follows from the fact that any deal will put some constraints on trade with our biggest trading partner, which is currently open and free.

The idea that trade with other countries/blocs will make up for this loss is, frankly, complete and utter bullshit wishful thinking, firstly because most countries won't think of the UK as a major trading partner on its own and secondly because we don't make enough stuff to trade with.

HTH, BIKIW.
    It's worse than wishful thinking. The hard right Brexiteers know exactly what it will do to the economy, but will tell any lie they have to, so they can fulfill their Little England dream.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    The best Brexit you can get...

... is the least damaging one.
    Because all forms of Brexit lead to a shrinking of the economy.
    That logically follows from the fact that any deal will put some constraints on trade with our biggest trading partner, which is currently open and free.

The idea that trade with other countries/blocs will make up for this loss is, frankly, complete and utter bullshit wishful thinking, firstly because most countries won't think of the UK as a major trading partner on its own and secondly because we don't make enough stuff to trade with.

HTH, BIKIW.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Indeed - one of the few grammar things which winds me up -mainly because it is so wrong.

The word of is substituted for have because of people being unable to spell the contracted version

E..g they hear could've but write it could of.
    It is a spelling mistake, not a grammar mistake. Please try to use the semantically correct word. And sort out your punctuation!

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Me and Original PM, for one. But I thought you'd be interested in downplaying your apparent ignorance.
    Indeed - one of the few grammar things which winds me up -mainly because it is so wrong.

The word of is substituted for have because of people being unable to spell the contracted version

E..g they hear could've but write it could of.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    that's up to Rupert

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Stupid Brexiters voted leave so their government can make laws independent of Brussels. From now on the UK Laws with be governed by the whims of Belfast.
    For the time being, but what you muppets always fail to grasp is that unlike the EU it's not permanent and out of our control - The present government, or any government, can soon be voted out if it doesn't shape up.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Even if not, if everyone agrees anything can be done, even if it requires some complicated treaty change or the like.

If you think about it, the EU big wigs don't want other smaller countries to get the idea of leaving. For a big economy like the UK to take the steps towards leaving, and then change its mind once the nightmare reality becomes clear, is for them a fantastic result.
    yep, big win for the EU

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Even if not, if everyone agrees anything can be done, even if it requires some complicated treaty change or the like.

If you think about it, the EU big wigs don't want other smaller countries to get the idea of leaving. For a big economy like the UK to take the steps towards leaving, and then change its mind once the nightmare reality becomes clear, is for them a fantastic result.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    taking a step back,

it's clear to see, that contrary to the rhetoric of the last 11 months, we're all indeed Remainers at heart

Brexiters, all is forgotten, welcome to the Remain camp

You know it makes sense

We'll just forget about the last 11 months how's that for a deal

Milan and all of the Remainers
    Last edited by milanbenes; 12 June 2017, 09:12.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Is that possible?
    Triggering Article 50 does not mean it cannot be later revoked, according to a leading EU lawyer who helped write it, who also warned of “15 years of economic pain” immediately after the UK leaves the European Union.
    Triggering Article 50 can be reversed, according to the lawyer who wrote it | The Independent

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Me and Original PM, for one. But I thought you'd be interested in downplaying your apparent ignorance.
    You are ignorant enough to be a mod.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    The other option is to retract Art.50.
    Is that possible?

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    For a gorilla I think my language is fooking amazing!

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    WGAF, seriously!

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    It is a brilliant move though by the EU, i.e. when David Davis goes in with guns blazing asking for parallel talks instead of disagreeing, simply disappearing for a year to comply with his request.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X