• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I blame Brexit part 1467"

Collapse

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    See, conclusive proof that being in the EU is good for us.

At what point do they insist we take our fare share of unemployed EU nationals to help out hard working families for the good of the many not the few and to promote a strong stable leadership?

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Zero-hour contracts many employed payment in sheltered tents outside the Amazon warehouse. You've never had it so good under the Tories.

I think they're living in Amazon cardboard city going by the size of some of the boxes I receive tiny items packaged in. Maybe I should check the masses of padding for workers going postal.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    UK wage growth those past 10-years is even less than that of Greece. Alarm bells should ring when the country struggles to reduce debt growth let alone pay it down when near 96% of the working population is employed. Country will implode if it rises to 10%.
    Sounds like an adjustment to the Barnett formula is needed.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Yep, understand leading and lagging indicators having written papers on the Balanced Scorecard and implemented it in companies. You may be clutching at very big straws though to be claiming unemployment rates is a leading indicator for Brexit. Nice try though

Leave a comment:

• motoukenin
    replied
    "Strong and stable government"
    "Strong and stable government"
    "Beep Beep ... error in line 1...method repeat_shyte_until_everyone_believes it "

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Leading and lagging economic indicators explained

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    ha ha, good one Oh, you're serious? You really are claiming the employment rates are as a result of Brexit, which hasn't even happened yet? Hmmmm, you need to get out more

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    And do you think your 2-bed £300k pad will still be that price when home grown white english speaking stock replace that labour?
    Thankfully in my part of the UK house prices aren't anything like that. Oh and I have my house money in cash at present. The current house came (including plenty of DIY) with the wife. Long term, it can only be a good thing for housing costs to return to a sensible level.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    That's what happens when you have access to an endless supply of low skilled labour. Open door policy forever!
    And do you think your 2-bed £300k pad will still be that price when home grown white english speaking stock replace that labour?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    And yet they never do. Look at 2008. It seemed to come as a surprise.
    See this in the crypto world all the time. When something increases 1000% it's divine intervention. The company is doing something right. It can't go wrong. Everyone is happy. Then a whale comes along and sell's his or her massive stake and crash bang wallop. Now everyone says, my life is ruined! Swines!!

Mark my words, the same will have in the UK housing market when that demand just melts away. Slowly and surely drip drip companies leave as do the people that support them. I'd liquidate my GBP position if I were's yous

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Zero-hour contracts many employed payment in sheltered tents outside the Amazon warehouse. You've never had it so good under the Tories.
    Back to Victorian times.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    That's what happens when you have access to an endless supply of low skilled labour. Open door policy forever!

Leave a comment:

• diseasex
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    meanwile:

Birmingham and Manchester lead the way as construction booms in the regions

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Alarm bells should ring
    And yet they never do. Look at 2008. It seemed to come as a surprise.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    You could have few employed, but in better paid jobs?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X