• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contractor mortgage....any suggestions who to go with?"

Collapse

• NickNick
    replied
    Originally posted by CloudWalker View Post
    Probably a stamp duty fiddle involving a brown paper envelope
    Nah, the vendors were getting worried that they wouldn't find a place after selling to us, so they took an offer of 50K less and did a house swap with another family.

Leave a comment:

• MCC7
    replied
    We've been using Contractor Financials, offer came through today. Took a few weeks, no hassle whatsoever.

Leave a comment:

• CloudWalker
    replied
    Originally posted by NickNick View Post
    Sorry to hear that. I lost a place last year when the vendor decided to sell to someone else for £50K less than I was offering.

Which was nice.
    Probably a stamp duty fiddle involving a brown paper envelope

Leave a comment:

• NickNick
    replied
    Was Gazumped at the weekend to the tune of 15k
    Sorry to hear that. I lost a place last year when the vendor decided to sell to someone else for £50K less than I was offering.

Which was nice.

Leave a comment:

• CloudWalker
    replied
    Was Gazumped at the weekend to the tune of 15k

Leave a comment:

• ICantStop
    replied
    I eventually got my mortgage through Contractor Financials but my god it was stressful. Thank god I wasn't in a chain because I probably would have lost the house if I was due to their ineptness.

Leave a comment:

• Freelancer Financials
    replied
    Originally posted by John Michael View Post
    Hi John,

This is a much more diplomatically worded response than the condescending tirade you fired at my inbox.

If that is the way you respond to legitimate complaints about poor service then it sums up perfectly why I didn't become a customer of your company.

All the best.
    Hi John,

I'm sorry if you feel that my PM to you was condescending, it wasn't intended to be. I was simply trying to ascertain why we never received your email with the "fact find" in case you sent it to the wrong email address.

I'm not sure why we didn't receive your email, it's a total mystery, something I need to investigate. As this is the first complaint we've received like this.

Let me assure you that we are always committed to providing an excellent service, which can be seen from all the positive feedback we receive on this forum. But appreciate your feedback all the same.

Leave a comment:

• Jubber
    replied
    I initially got in touch with Contractor Financials and Freelancer Financials in April. The former were laughable with regards to communication, failing to return calls and emails from day 1. In fact my last reply from CF arrived a full 13 days after my email and phone message to them with a very basic query.
    Contractor Financials / Contractor Money have been great with me - got me the mortgage that I wanted and insurance. I would recommend.

Leave a comment:

• John Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    "John" with his one post comes flying in to specifically locate one post about mortgages and to tell us how he needs to have his hand held whilst crossing the road.

Makes you wonder
    I am an IT contractor who found a mortgage broker through recommendations from other contractors on this forum, which I browse from time to time, mostly the legal and accounts section.

I am sure I have posted here in the past berating the dishonest service I received from Computer People a few years ago under an old account which I couldn't remember the logon details for.

This time around I was pleased enough with the service I received to take the time to register and give credit where credit was due, and suitably annoyed by the lack of service from others to mention it.

Cheers.

I was fully expecting at least one of this variety of cynical response.

Leave a comment:

• John Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Freelancer Financials View Post
    Hi John,

This is very uncharacteristic of our advisers to receive a completed "fact find" form only to ignore it. You mentioned that you spent a fair amount of time filling out the "Fact Find", out of interest did you phone to check why we didn't get back to you? After all, you may have sent the form to the wrong email address or something could have gone wrong receiving your information.

It would be helpful to me if you could let me know via a PM who you dealt with.

I'm glad you received an excellent service from Ben rogers.
    Hi John,

This is a much more diplomatically worded response than the condescending tirade you fired at my inbox.

If that is the way you respond to legitimate complaints about poor service then it sums up perfectly why I didn't become a customer of your company.

All the best.

Leave a comment:

• Mark McBurney@CMME
    replied
    I've just been turned down by Nationwide as I've only been Ltd for a year
    Doesn't make a difference that i've been contracting for 10 years! and never missed a payment!
    Why did you apply to Nationwide?

Leave a comment:

• Power Mortgages Ltd
    replied
    Originally posted by John Michael View Post
    Hi All,

Long time lurker, first time poster here.

My tenancy agreement was due to end last month, and after getting a few contractor mortgage emails in my inbox I decided to look into whether it was feasible for me to actually buy instead of signing another lease.

I have been contracting this time around since 2010 (I was perm for my first few years in the UK, but contracted for a few years in Oz prior to 2005), and I use an umbrella company.

I initially got in touch with Contractor Financials and Freelancer Financials in April. The former were laughable with regards to communication, failing to return calls and emails from day 1. In fact my last reply from CF arrived a full 13 days after my email and phone message to them with a very basic query.

I spent a fair amount of time filling our a 'Fact Find' form for Freelancer Financials - only for them to never bother replying.

Finally I got in touch with Power Mortgages and I am pleased to say my partner and I have just moved into our new home this week which we purchased via the Help to Buy scheme.

Ben Rogers is a true professional, and was extremely helpful and proactive throughout the entire process.

I never once had to chase him for anything - it was the other way around, which is the opposite of my other experiences. He was sending updates at all hours of the day and night and on weekends, and was contactable by mobile out of hours.

The whole process took 8 weeks from viewing to completion, and it would have been quicker if my partner didn't have to request some missing documentation for her part of the application (new drivers licence etc).

Very highly recommended.

And if anyone thinks this is spam feel free to PM me and I will send you a link to my LinkedIn profile.

Cheers,
    John
    Thanks John, glad I could assist.

Ben

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    Call Freelancer Financials. PM me if you'd like my direct contact.
    No no. PM me, you will like my direct contact more!!!

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Doesn't make a difference that i've been contracting for 10 years! and never missed a payment!
    Call Freelancer Financials. PM me if you'd like my direct contact.

Leave a comment:

• CloudWalker
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X