• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor mortgage....any suggestions who to go with?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go with contractor financial if you are not in hurry

Originally posted by DirtyCash View Post
    I've recently just applied for a mortgage through Contractor Financials who intend to offer me via Halifax 90% LTV for 4.99% interest.

Anyone been offered a better rate recently for a 10% deposit and who with? I understand interest rates did go up on the weekend (despite BoE base rates not changing!) as mine was 4.79%.

I'm just wondering if there are alternatives to contractors like myself with only 1 year history and 10%.
    I applied through contractor financials and they are offering 3.99% for 90%LTV and 3.19% for 85% LTV with clydesdale. I have found them very hit and miss, they took nearly nearly four weeks to go through my documents, which seems longer than the time lender takes to make a mortgage offer. Communication is very poor, unless your chase things dont seem to move further forward.

Comment

I am also finding Contractor Financials awful - would suggest the OP avoids!

Comment

Contractor mortgages

Hi All,

Long time lurker, first time poster here.

My tenancy agreement was due to end last month, and after getting a few contractor mortgage emails in my inbox I decided to look into whether it was feasible for me to actually buy instead of signing another lease.

I have been contracting this time around since 2010 (I was perm for my first few years in the UK, but contracted for a few years in Oz prior to 2005), and I use an umbrella company.

I initially got in touch with Contractor Financials and Freelancer Financials in April. The former were laughable with regards to communication, failing to return calls and emails from day 1. In fact my last reply from CF arrived a full 13 days after my email and phone message to them with a very basic query.

I spent a fair amount of time filling our a 'Fact Find' form for Freelancer Financials - only for them to never bother replying.

Finally I got in touch with Power Mortgages and I am pleased to say my partner and I have just moved into our new home this week which we purchased via the Help to Buy scheme.

Ben Rogers is a true professional, and was extremely helpful and proactive throughout the entire process.

I never once had to chase him for anything - it was the other way around, which is the opposite of my other experiences. He was sending updates at all hours of the day and night and on weekends, and was contactable by mobile out of hours.

The whole process took 8 weeks from viewing to completion, and it would have been quicker if my partner didn't have to request some missing documentation for her part of the application (new drivers licence etc).

Very highly recommended.

And if anyone thinks this is spam feel free to PM me and I will send you a link to my LinkedIn profile.

Cheers,
        John

Comment

Originally posted by John Michael View Post
          Hi All,

Long time lurker, first time poster here.

My tenancy agreement was due to end last month, and after getting a few contractor mortgage emails in my inbox I decided to look into whether it was feasible for me to actually buy instead of signing another lease.

I have been contracting this time around since 2010 (I was perm for my first few years in the UK, but contracted for a few years in Oz prior to 2005), and I use an umbrella company.

I initially got in touch with Contractor Financials and Freelancer Financials in April. The former were laughable with regards to communication, failing to return calls and emails from day 1. In fact my last reply from CF arrived a full 13 days after my email and phone message to them with a very basic query.

I spent a fair amount of time filling our a 'Fact Find' form for Freelancer Financials - only for them to never bother replying.

Finally I got in touch with Power Mortgages and I am pleased to say my partner and I have just moved into our new home this week which we purchased via the Help to Buy scheme.

Ben Rogers is a true professional, and was extremely helpful and proactive throughout the entire process.

I never once had to chase him for anything - it was the other way around, which is the opposite of my other experiences. He was sending updates at all hours of the day and night and on weekends, and was contactable by mobile out of hours.

The whole process took 8 weeks from viewing to completion, and it would have been quicker if my partner didn't have to request some missing documentation for her part of the application (new drivers licence etc).

Very highly recommended.

And if anyone thinks this is spam feel free to PM me and I will send you a link to my LinkedIn profile.

Cheers,
          John
          Hi John,

This is very uncharacteristic of our advisers to receive a completed "fact find" form only to ignore it. You mentioned that you spent a fair amount of time filling out the "Fact Find", out of interest did you phone to check why we didn't get back to you? After all, you may have sent the form to the wrong email address or something could have gone wrong receiving your information.

It would be helpful to me if you could let me know via a PM who you dealt with.

I'm glad you received an excellent service from Ben rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by Freelancer Financials View Post
            Hi John,

This is very uncharacteristic of our advisers to receive a completed "fact find" form only to ignore it. You mentioned that you spent a fair amount of time filling out the "Fact Find", out of interest did you phone to check why we didn't get back to you? After all, you may have sent the form to the wrong email address or something could have gone wrong receiving your information.

It would be helpful to me if you could let me know via a PM who you dealt with.

I'm glad you received an excellent service from Ben rogers.
            "John" with his one post comes flying in to specifically locate one post about mortgages and to tell us how he needs to have his hand held whilst crossing the road.

Makes you wonder

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
              "John" with his one post comes flying in to specifically locate one post about mortgages and to tell us how he needs to have his hand held whilst crossing the road.

Makes you wonder
              What does it make you wonder? John comments on most threads about mortgages. The other mortgage people pop up threads from time to time as do accountants on accountancy based questions. QDOS on stuff that is relevant to them. What is there to wonder about?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                What does it make you wonder? John comments on most threads about mortgages. The other mortgage people pop up threads from time to time as do accountants on accountancy based questions. QDOS on stuff that is relevant to them. What is there to wonder about?
                Que?

John has only ever posted once, above. he is not one of the 'mortgage people'.

You really must stop being so impetuous with your responses.

And for the record, my experience with FF was so good that I'm not even going to rave about it.
                Last edited by ChimpMaster; 15 July 2014, 08:54.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  With one post it doesn't seem likely.

However not every poster who comes in to recommend a particular company is spamming.

Comment

Originally posted by moggy View Post
                    With one post it doesn't seem likely.

However not every poster who comes in to recommend a particular company is spamming.
                    Doh. My **** up sorry. The post from Freelancer Financials will be from John as well so I assumed the wrong John. My bad.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I've just been turned down by Nationwide as I've only been Ltd for a year
                      Doesn't make a difference that i've been contracting for 10 years! and never missed a payment!

Comment

Working...
                      X