• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Charles Marcus

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Charles Marcus"

Collapse

• Andy Hallett
    replied
    To the OP, does your company's contract with the Agency ask you to be an employee of your company?

Leave a comment:

• fraymond
    replied
    Pot and Kettle Lisa. Given that I'm not Jeff nor affiliated with him in any way. But I have found the cost of good advice usually preferable to taking advice from online forums...

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    How much can you have in a single thread

Leave a comment:

• fraymond
    replied
    Originally posted by mac_msn View Post
    Hello,

I have come across company called Charles Marcus. They are an umbrella company with an interesting proposition. Just wanted to check with gurus here, if this sounds ok.
    IMHO the people on here are not the ones to ask about complex tax affairs where they don't know your full personal situation.

You really need to pay for an hour of someone's time for a professional opinion.

FYI. HSBC have recommended this guy in the past for advice on specific structuring affairs. Bowman & Associates

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    Well that's the thing, I goggled it as much as I could and still couldn't find any trace or info suggesting anything negative about the company...
    And how much info did you find that was positive about the company??

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    It's actually quite nice, six oddly shaped curved buildings, space totally wasted, and in the centre of four of them is a canteen/restaurant with a netted-off six-a-side footy pitch in the middle, footy is good, food is awful.

And it's so effing cold, I'm from Bolton, where it is cold, went there and biting wind totally ripped my nads off, so now I talk like sas...

Staff are clueless so I wouldn't worry!
    Can't imagine Hectors playing footie - very strange visual image for first thing in the morning

Leave a comment:

• Wanderer
    replied
    CM will employ me as regular employee with small salary and I go and do the job as expected by agency.
    What happens to the rest of the money? Ahh, this is one of those dodgy off shore schemes isn't it. How much of your money do they take?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    No harm in asking if he's already performed a search and found nothing or old reviews NLUK.
    Indeed but you see how many people come on here that don't search the forums. Was just skipping a step. He can read it or ignore it. Up to him.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    No harm in asking if he's already performed a search and found nothing or old reviews NLUK.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
    No I wouldn't dare - I'd be scared that they'd welcome me in but then wouldn't let me out again
    It's actually quite nice, six oddly shaped curved buildings, space totally wasted, and in the centre of four of them is a canteen/restaurant with a netted-off six-a-side footy pitch in the middle, footy is good, food is awful.

And it's so effing cold, I'm from Bolton, where it is cold, went there and biting wind totally ripped my nads off, so now I talk like sas...

Staff are clueless so I wouldn't worry!

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Well that's the thing, I goggled it as much as I could and still couldn't find any trace or info suggesting anything negative about the company...
    OK.

Find out where they are based.

Look them up in Companies House - find out their address and the names of the directors and any sister companies.

Then google all that you find.

I'm sure it will all be very interesting (particularly any phoenix companies - they're always good for a giggle.).

Leave a comment:

• mac_msn
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Have you been to Longbenton!!
    No I wouldn't dare - I'd be scared that they'd welcome me in but then wouldn't let me out again

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Now THAT's the right question you should be searching.
    Charles Marcus - Google Search

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
    So you're going to have your own Ltd Company but you're also going to be a 'regular employee' all for the same job...and your biggest worry is IR35 You may as well stand on the roof of HMR&C towers with a big target painted your back
    Have you been to Longbenton!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X