• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Invoice question

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Invoice question"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Am confused as to why you can't raise an invoice? It wouldn't take a few minutes extra to fill in a template and attach it to the mail??

Is this for a part period or something? If he is this flexible surely he will accept your invoice even if it isn't on the agreed deadlines?

Without a formal invoice aren't you on a wish and a prayer that he will get it cleared and indeed pay you in time? I presume you are taking in to account the payment terms in your time factorying?

Leave a comment:

• xara
    replied
    Certainly I will raise an invoice, and no it's not a first-time contract.

The issue was more payment deadlines. I will be sending an email saying here's what it's going to be and a formal invoice later saying the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• Greg@CapitalCity
    replied
    In an ideal world you want all your invoices to match all your incoming payments. If you receive a payment before you had time to raise an invoice, in reality I see no problem (so long as you do actually get around to creating that invoice).

Just don't get in the habit of not raising invoices - its essential you do this.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by xara View Post
    Just started a contract.

Due to running up close to some payment schedule deadlines, pimp said I could just fire him an email with amount worked and he would get it cleared for this time. Normally I would be raising invoices.

Anything I should be aware of here, just wondering if the above could be misconstrued, why did he not raise an invoice to get paid, type thing.
    First contract, presumably? An invoice has to contain various things - the word "Invoice", a reference number, invoice date, VAT reg no if applicable, net price, VAT rate applied and the calculation if applicable, gross price. Doesn't matter what form they are in so wrap them into your email and you have an invoice.

If it's not your first contract, why don't you know this already?

Also, your agent is not treating you as a business and does not see you as one. That is a bad thing. He wouldn't pay any other supplier without an invoice, would he?

Leave a comment:

• Notascooby
    replied
    Why not use the likes of XXX and do it properly?

Or do you not have a business bank account?

<comment>
    Oh dear, I've come across all NLUK - maybe I need a coffee?
    </comment>
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 8 October 2021, 08:17.

Leave a comment:

• kingcook
    replied
    Originally posted by xara View Post
    Just started a contract.

Due to running up close to some payment schedule deadlines, pimp said I could just fire him an email with amount worked and he would get it cleared for this time. Normally I would be raising invoices.

Anything I should be aware of here, just wondering if the above could be misconstrued, why did he not raise an invoice to get paid, type thing.
    Would that be seen as a loan?

Why not just send an invoice with the quick email to the agent?

Leave a comment:

• xara
    started a topic Invoice question

Invoice question

Just started a contract.

Working...
X