• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Accountancy Fees

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Accountancy Fees"

Collapse

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by lithium147 View Post
    What are ppl's accountancy fees?

My accountant changes me per the hour she works.
    Seems to be much cheaper than the monthly payment schemes.
    I have paid about £500 for 2.5 years of accounting.
    However, I do do as much as possible myself. For instance, I do the flat rate VAT returns.
    If you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

And since you are asking a lot of questions on this forum that your accountant should be answering, say 'hello' to cheeta from us when you speak to her again...

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Where you have a fixed monthly rate, you can guarantee that any accountant worth their salt has set that above what they'd be likely to charge (averaged over all fix rate clients) if it was hourly rate.

I pay my accountant on a time and materials basis. If I need to know something, he calls or sends me an email. He doesn't charge me for this, nor does he charged me for quick questions. It's all factored into his hourly rate.

Pretty much how I work as a contractor.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

However, I do do as much as possible myself. For instance, I do the flat rate VAT returns.
    It does seem cheaper but you are only getting what you pay for.... the absolute minimum. I would have thought with this arrangement you will not be getting much in the way of advice or guidance which can make all the difference. How do you know there isn't some change in legislation or alternative method that can save you money if your accountant isn't paid for being proactive?

Personally, as backed up by a large number of contractors, they pay per month service is good value and I am sure if you asked this accountant to give you the service you get from the others the like for like cost would be much more expensive.

Saying that if you feel you don't need this extra service from your accountant then go for it but bearing in mind you are having to ask a board of strangers about your accounts I would question that.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    £75+VAT currently per month with NW but I think its going up to £90 soon.

Leave a comment:

• GillsMan
    replied

My accountant is £76.37 per month inc VAT. They're a small company, but they do go the extra mile in terms of answering all my many questions.

Leave a comment:

• lithium147
    started a topic Accountancy Fees

Accountancy Fees

Working...
X