• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Claiming for Taxis."

Collapse

• administrator
    replied
    How about you both give it a rest

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    You can wear out a catchphrase you know.
    <sniff>

Wouldn't mind but I don't use it much either....

Leave a comment:

• Joeman
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Who else will better understand why his accountant might say this, than another accountant?
    And in case you hadn't noticed, there are a few on here, who have all clarified what I already knew to be correct...

Leave a comment:

• Joeman
    replied
    AS normal you are 100% wrong. I DID read the whole sorry mess of a thread.

And the answer is:

Ask YOUR accountant, you slack-jawed gurning moron

Who else will better understand why his accountant might say this, than another accountant?

Mods, can't you stop this blatant trolling outside General?
    Oh look, more personal insults... what a surprise...
    Last edited by administrator; 26 January 2012, 20:06. Reason: You are drawing the personal insults by your behaviour. Give it a rest please.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Joeman View Post
    Oh dear, another troll who didnt bother to read the thread before attacking...
    AS normal you are 100% wrong. I DID read the whole sorry mess of a thread.

the question was "any thoughts on why my mates accoutant might say that HMRC dont like taxis!!!"
    And the answer is:

Ask YOUR accountant, you slack-jawed gurning moron

Mods, can't you stop this blatant trolling outside General?
    Last edited by administrator; 26 January 2012, 20:05. Reason: No need for large text, no need to call people gurning morons, we are all capable of using our own eyes

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Maybe you are not cut out for contractor forums?
    You can wear out a catchphrase you know.

Leave a comment:

• Joeman
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    LOL, how did i know that was coming...
    But at least you have the courtesy to reply, unlike certain others in this thread who, true to character, once their obvious mistakes have been pointed out, seem to go silent... until that is they see the next post of mine they can misread and insult me about!!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Thankyou.. It started as a sensible question that could have resulted in a sensible debate had people bothered to read before throwing insults.
    All too common occurrence on this forum unfortunately, which is a shame considering all contractors i have the pleasure to know in person arent like this...

Leave a comment:

• Joeman
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    No more rudeness and insults on this thread please.
    Thankyou.. It started as a sensible question that could have resulted in a sensible debate had people bothered to read before throwing insults.
    All too common occurrence on this forum unfortunately, which is a shame considering all contractors i have the pleasure to know in person arent like this...

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    No more rudeness and insults on this thread please.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    No worries, was just a pub conversation last night with an old contractor mate, so wondered if anyone else on here had heard similar from their accountants??
    My mate gets the same train to London with me sometimes, and his accountant has told him to walk to the station!!
    I'd tell your mate to find a new accountant.

Leave a comment:

• Joeman
    replied
    Screams disguised employee to me.
    Funny you say that, they offered him a permie role, and he acepted... LOL

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    yep, i have another mate who does that. no expenses whatsoever! guess it simplifies the paperwork though...
    Screams disguised employee to me.

Leave a comment:

• Joeman
    replied
    I was with a contractor discussing expenses and he stated that he didn't claim for any expenses or mileage as he didn't want HMRC to notice him.

So it's horses for courses.
    yep, i have another mate who does that. no expenses whatsoever! guess it simplifies the paperwork though...

Leave a comment:

• Joeman
    replied
    No it's an example of you thinking you're in the right, repeating yourself over and over, when people keep repeating the obvious thing you are too daft to understand.

ANY question about accountancy where the answer to "have you recently checked with your accountant" is NO, you are automatically in the wrong. No matter how many times you repeat the question.
    Oh dear, another troll who didnt bother to read the thread before attacking...

Asking my accountant (who already allows me to claim taxis as an expense), if he thinks its ok to claim taxis as an expense, seems like a bit of pointeless question as we all know what his response would be dont we...??
    One more time for the people who cant be bothered to read, the question was not "Can i claim for taxis", the question was "any thoughts on why my mates accoutant might say that HMRC dont like taxis!!!"

How many more trolls will this thread attract before people learn to read...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X