• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Website in your company name & IR35"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by smudger View Post
    Agreed but what make you think that I "understand nothing but these little things".
    No need to take comments answering someone else's post personally.

Anyway I think this thread is more useful - http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...hey-start.html and tax investigation insurance.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Joeman View Post
    And on your company website, put a "we're hiring" page so it looks like you're actively trying to grow your tiny one-man company into a massive consultancy!

(not actually sure that works, but all proper companies have a similar page on their site )
    Lots of companies don't actually have one of these pages as recruitment agencies start hassling them.

One reason why lots of jobs go via word of mouth..........

Leave a comment:

• Joeman
    replied
    And on your company website, put a "we're hiring" page so it looks like you're actively trying to grow your tiny one-man company into a massive consultancy!

(not actually sure that works, but all proper companies have a similar page on their site )

Leave a comment:

• smudger
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Agreed but it is about as much use as a chocolate fire gaurd if you understand nothing but these little things which appears to be a trend this week.
    Agreed but what make you think that I "understand nothing but these little things". The whole thing about IR35 is that it's a grey area, not something you can fully understand by reading a guide. I value people's opinions and experiences in these "little things" as they could make a difference and I appreciate all the responses.

_smudger_

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    To be fair (who, me?? ) HMG are basing more and more of the decision making on the basic test of "Are you a genuine business". Being one is one thing, being able to demonstrate that you are one is something else. All these little pointers are actually quite important if they paint an overall picture of you operating a functional, if rather small, business. So it does no harm to understand what helps.
    Although corporate email addresses and simialr are pretty much a case of the bleedin' obvious...
    Agreed but it is about as much use as a chocolate fire gaurd if you understand nothing but these little things which appears to be a trend this week.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    To be fair (who, me?? ) HMG are basing more and more of the decision making on the basic test of "Are you a genuine business". Being one is one thing, being able to demonstrate that you are one is something else. All these little pointers are actually quite important if they paint an overall picture of you operating a functional, if rather small, business. So it does no harm to understand what helps.

Although corporate email addresses and simialr are pretty much a case of the bleedin' obvious...

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Why don't you try suggesting that they read the newbie guide ---------->

Goddamit.. I knew I had forgotten something

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I am not quite understand why we have this sudden rush of posters asking to be spoon fed tiny bits of information around IR35. To me all of them show a total lack of understanding of how they work and how IR35 affects them. I would argue with a basic knowledge of your business and relationship to your client along with IR35 would answer all the questions we have had recently.

Maybe I am having a rant and being pig headed about this but the best advice to the recent posters isn't what line to put on their invoice or whether to have a website or not but to go read IR35 and understand how a business operates. You might have a nice website or a correct invoice but I bet my bottom dollar you will be failing IR35 somewhere else along the line.
    Why don't you try suggesting that they read the newbie guide ---------->

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I am not quite understanding why we have this sudden rush of posters asking to be spoon fed tiny bits of information around IR35. To me all of them show a total lack of understanding of how they work and how IR35 affects them. I would argue with a basic knowledge of your business and relationship to your client along with IR35 would answer all the questions we have had recently.

Maybe I am having a rant and being pig headed about this but the best advice to the recent posters isn't what line to put on their invoice or whether to have a website or not but to go read IR35 and understand how a business operates. You might have a nice website or a correct invoice but I bet my bottom dollar you will be failing IR35 somewhere else along the line.

Leave a comment:

• Clare@InTouch
    replied
    Being able to show you're a genuine business is a good idea from an IR35 point of view, it's been mentioned in several recent cases, and part of that would be having specific email addresses, website, business cards, letterhead etc.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    As long as its not [email protected] I don't think it matters
    Arf!

(no more though please, this is A/L after all...)

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    It's better to show your credibility and professionalism, yes.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    As long as its not [email protected] I don't think it matters

Leave a comment:

• smudger
    started a topic Website in your company name & IR35

Website in your company name & IR35

Is it better to create a website and use email addresses in your company name with respect to IR35 issues?

Thanks

_smudger_

Working...
X