• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Go Umbrella?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Go Umbrella?"

Collapse

• boredsenseless
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak
    Maybe we should just give exdbnchick and scartface (and all the other Umbrella reps out there) this thread and let them fight it out between themselves while we watch from the sidelines.

Anyone got the popcorn..?
    Or maybe we just all agree to stop using the services of companies whose representatives are so ignorant as to assume we are all too stupid to work out where their sentiments come from.

Lets stop these muppets from ruining a perfectly good debate and advice forum

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Maybe we should just give exdbnchick and scartface (and all the other Umbrella reps out there) this thread and let them fight it out between themselves while we watch from the sidelines.

Anyone got the popcorn..?

Leave a comment:

• freshblue
    replied
    Safe?

Same safe solutions who recently went into administration following an HMRC investigation? And also charge 5% to do expenses!!! You're having a laugh!

Leave a comment:

• boredsenseless
    replied
    Originally posted by XLMonkey
    and just in case anyone missed it

Leave a comment:

• XLMonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by exdbnchick
    Try Safe Solutions - great service, your own dedicated consultant and friendly staff.

Leave a comment:

• exdbnchick
    replied
    Umbrella Co - Safe Solutions

Try Safe Solutions - great service, your own dedicated consultant and friendly staff.

Leave a comment:

• XLMonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by freshblue
    A good point sir, many people confuse composites and PAYE brollies.
    quite right, composites are what goes into my golf clubs, brollies are what goes into my golf bag.

...though now that I think about it so do my golf clubs....

bugger, that means I've probably mucked up my tax return

wait, no. It's OK, I've just spilt some wine on it.

... Oh my god! I've split some wine!

must...drink...faster

Leave a comment:

• freshblue
    replied
    A good point sir, many people confuse composites and PAYE brollies.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    It's an umbrella. You get paid a salary related to your earning potential. You're de facto a permie. What company profits...?

Don't confuse umbrellas with composite companies.

Leave a comment:

• foritisme
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio
    Well thats' the point. That's 40k people paying PAYE and NIC as permies that quite probably don't need to be. There's another group who are clearly working a tax avoidance deal by using composites and taking divis - in all fairness (tm NL 1997) they are the ones who ought to be in the firing line, not the PAYE-paying temps and not those who are trying to run some form of business. But then again, when has anything this government done made any sort of sense?

So you are not paying PAYE & NIC at a permie rate and you are not paying divis - what what's happening to your company profits ?

Leave a comment:

• jamesc1
    replied
    I used Orange Genie for my first 6 month as a contractor. I did have to email them now and again about minor problems but overall I was pleased. I was paid on time and my emails were always answered the same working day.

Worked for me and I've recommended other friends to use them

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Well thats' the point. That's 40k people paying PAYE and NIC as permies that quite probably don't need to be. There's another group who are clearly working a tax avoidance deal by using composites and taking divis - in all fairness (tm NL 1997) they are the ones who ought to be in the firing line, not the PAYE-paying temps and not those who are trying to run some form of business. But then again, when has anything this government done made any sort of sense?

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio
    They have close to 40k people on their books now, so they must be doing something right!
    Surely that's 40k eager taxpayers that Brown can easily identify?!

Leave a comment:

• freshblue
    replied
    Parasol

I use em off and on over the last 4 years and they have always been very good. I think that blagger stuff is nonsense and clearly competitors dishing dirt.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Touche..!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X