• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: sjd password

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "sjd password"

Collapse

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Granted, but to complain when it doesn't suit and ask for the passwd to rip it...?

Bit rich but Eurovision is on and I think it's the UK's year, this time...
    Swedish bird is fit, hope she's gonna be my 'entry' - Rolf mode!!

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
    Probably a DIY accounting job and get an accountant to do the end of year, nothing wrong with that.

And it's hardly ripping off their work - they allow anyone to download the spreadsheet.....
    Granted, but to complain when it doesn't suit and ask for the passwd to rip it...?

Bit rich but Eurovision is on and I think it's the UK's year, this time...

Leave a comment:

• Wanderer
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    What does your accountant say? Suggest you register with SJD before ripping off their work and complaining it doesn't fulfil your exact needs, and ask them for help.
    Probably a DIY accounting job and get an accountant to do the end of year, nothing wrong with that.

And it's hardly ripping off their work - they allow anyone to download the spreadsheet.....
    Last edited by Wanderer; 10 May 2014, 18:21.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by rowladar View Post
    Hi,
    I downloaded the SJD accounting spreadsheet and it looks to fulfil my exact needs... however, as I submitted my very first invoice before my VAT was registered I want to enter my invoice without VAT on the spreadsheet, and then enter the VAT only amount on the subsequent month. this is exactly what has been done on the Example tab and yet I cannot do it.

Please explain how to do this or private message me the unprotect password for the April and May tabs?

thanks!
    What does your accountant say? Suggest you register with SJD before ripping off their work and complaining it doesn't fulfil your exact needs, and ask them for help.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by rowladar View Post
    Hi,
    I downloaded the SJD accounting spreadsheet and it looks to fulfil my exact needs... however, as I submitted my very first invoice before my VAT was registered I want to enter my invoice without VAT on the spreadsheet, and then enter the VAT only amount on the subsequent month. this is exactly what has been done on the Example tab and yet I cannot do it.

Please explain how to do this or private message me the unprotect password for the April and May tabs?

thanks!
    Contact Simon and I'm sure he'll be able to help you...

No pasting of passwords on here please, I will be most annoyed otherwise...

Leave a comment:

• rowladar
    replied
    Problem entering VAT only invoice

Originally posted by simonsjdaccountancy View Post
    We password protect to make sure that clients don't accidently change/delete the formulae.

As Jeebo72 said, if you are a client of ours please send it over and we'll change it for you. In fact, even if you're not, send it over to me and I'll do it for you.
    Hi,

thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Why is something free passworded???
    So you don't cock it up.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Why is something free passworded???

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    Yes, without stating the obvious, why don't you ask SJD ?
    Or even take Simon up on his generous offer...

Originally posted by simonsjdaccountancy View Post
    We password protect to make sure that clients don't accidently change/delete the formulae.

As Jeebo72 said, if you are a client of ours please send it over and we'll change it for you. In fact, even if you're not, send it over to me and I'll do it for you.
    What is the World coming to? An Accountant offering freebies, the next miracle will be walking across the Atlantic or even more unlikely a UK politician being honest.

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Yes, without stating the obvious, why don't you ask SJD ?

Leave a comment:

• OrangeHopper
    replied
    Whenever I have wanted to uncover the hidden calculations, I have simply asked my SJD accountant what the password is. Simples.

Leave a comment:

• worzelGummidge
    replied
    Just download an Excel password cracker. It really is not that hard.
    The annoying this is that, being Microsoft it is a separate password for each page.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by hgllgh View Post
    hmmmm ... probably asking too much to get a straight answer to a straight question on here. The reason I ask is because the VAT calculation is wrong. Up to the cut off date it should be 15% not 17.5% ... thats poor accounting
    hang on a minute boyo! you asked if anyone had the password. I said yes. straight question got a straight, accurate and concise correct answer. No probs there......

I did attempt to use my ESP to answer the question you were thinking but i failed sorry

Leave a comment:

• The Wikir Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Try:

sjdsjd
    sjdsjdsjd

Can't think of any more.
    Doesn't that get you into TPD? Or is that 'jdjdsjd'?

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
    I submitted mine, spotted soon after that the rate was wrong for some months, rang them up to inform them, and was told they had already applied the correction.

BTW - I have a spreadsheet that I use alongside the SJD one for analysis. The main benefit is a little macro that pulls invoice, banking, and cash transactions out of the one-tab-per-month format that SJD use into a single transaction list. I can then use the magic of Excel's auto-filter function to find individual transactions or classes of transaction, and I have built a few pivot tables off the list that shows me income and outgoings by class, calendar and company year. I really should get out more.

I developed it to build a single master list of transactions once I had several years worth accumulated across multiple SJD spreadsheets, as searching across tabs and worksheets for a particular transaction was a PITA. Its also been useful for MI type functions, looking at trends, spotting data entry errors etc.

For example, I specify a 'batch' that new cash expenses should go into as they are imported from the SJD sheet. About once a month I filter the transaction list by batch number and total the amount so I know how much to reimburse from the ltd account. Simples!

It's not 'production quality', by any means, just a tool for my own use, but if anyone thinks this could be useful, I'll upload a copy - shorn of data - to a public place.
    How very kind.

Yes please.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X