• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Advice please - accountant"

Collapse

• zonkkk
    replied
    I've only just realised!!!

Leave a comment:

• pr1
    replied
    Originally posted by zonkkk View Post

Crunch Accounting.

About £800/year + VAT. I do bookkeeping in the online portal, and they file everything for me (payroll, VAT, corporation tax, etc).
    Great suggestion but he asked 11 years ago

Leave a comment:

• zonkkk
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    My accountants fees have been creeping up over the years, they now come in at 1500 + VAT

for -

Annual return
    Corp tax
    NI schedule

Is there anybody out there who would do it for about half of that ?

Crunch Accounting.

About £800/year + VAT. I do bookkeeping in the online portal, and they file everything for me (payroll, VAT, corporation tax, etc).

Leave a comment:

• hamario
    replied
    Originally posted by jakub View Post
    caps it

hello everyone - this is my very first post on the forum - can anyone comment on caps-it accountancy? I'm an IT contractor and been cold called recently by them and offered attractive first year rate. Is anyone using them? Are they any good / bad?

I also had a cold call from them recently. When I asked for an example of how they're different than my current accountant, i was told they are a 'HMRC compliant' solution whereby they would invoice my ltd company for 'services' from one of their 'many' ltd companies; my ltd company would then pay the invoice, and caps-it would then pay that money into my personal bank account as salary (and i would retain 90% apparently). I couldn't be bothered asking more questions. Seems totally legit and i'm sure HMRC approve of this method.....

When i asked him to email me the example he gave me, he refused to put it in writing but said he could email me their standard brochure.

Really hope no one falls for this stuff.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    IMO 50 quid is too cheap. I can't see how they can spend anytime on you for what is less than an hour a month work. Average seems to be around the 100 quid mark which includes FA.

Free Agent is an excellent tool and market leader. Its here to stay so if you don't like your next accountant it's simple to switch to another FA one.

Going from SJD to FA may take a little time to reinput the data but you'll save a ton more by using FA going forward. It's what I did and I've never looked back.

Although not on the list, if you are nervous about transferring, you could speak yo Sarah from Paper Rocket Accounting. She's ex SJD so known their workings and also FA so should be more seemless but at the end of the day all the accountants on that list will have on boarded SJD guys so won't be an issues.

Don't get caught up by sales pitches and particularly overly cheap prices. Do your own research.
    Agree with all, but accountants will need to take a big hair-cut in fees when 70% of there contractors go PAYE next year and they fight for remaining Business

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    IMO 50 quid is too cheap. I can't see how they can spend anytime on you for what is less than an hour a month work. Average seems to be around the 100 quid mark which includes FA.

Free Agent is an excellent tool and market leader. Its here to stay so if you don't like your next accountant it's simple to switch to another FA one.

Going from SJD to FA may take a little time to reinput the data but you'll save a ton more by using FA going forward. It's what I did and I've never looked back.

Although not on the list, if you are nervous about transferring, you could speak yo Sarah from Paper Rocket Accounting. She's ex SJD so known their workings and also FA so should be more seemless but at the end of the day all the accountants on that list will have on boarded SJD guys so won't be an issues.

Don't get caught up by sales pitches and particularly overly cheap prices. Do your own research.

Leave a comment:

• jakub
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    According to their website from £50 a month with a big star next to it. Couldn't find the star to see what the bad news was.

Not a Free Agent accountant so I'm afraidy advice is don't bother.

Well done for resurrecting a 10 year old thread.

Go have a look at this sticky
    https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...-requests.html
    Thank you - this thread is listed in the sticky. What's the advantage of Free Agent - is it transferrable between accountants? I'm with SJD at the moment and I'm not happy with the service recently, accountants are churning a lot and there's lot of sloppiness.

Caps IT cold called and offered a year service for £50 a year +VAT. Initially I was not interested but now SJD is bugging me more and more.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    hello everyone - this is my very first post on the forum - can anyone comment on caps-it accountancy? I'm an IT contractor and been cold called recently by them and offered attractive first year rate. Is anyone using them? Are they any good / bad?
    You asking for advice or are you actually advertising?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    What’s there offer ?

According to their website from £50 a month with a big star next to it. Couldn't find the star to see what the bad news was.

Not a Free Agent accountant so I'm afraidy advice is don't bother.

Well done for resurrecting a 10 year old thread.

Go have a look at this sticky
    https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...-requests.html

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    What’s there offer ?

Leave a comment:

• jakub
    replied
    caps it

Leave a comment:

• dx4100
    replied
    +1 for NW...

Always helpful and polite...

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    Originally posted by NetwkSupport View Post
    £63 a month using Uptons

Good prompt service.

All the returns, PAYE/NI, Corp tax, monthly "position" statement if you need it (just send in your latest accounts and they'll calculate if you have any surplus or need to save more to cover tax returns, etc..)
    everything else included

job done and half the price EO
    cue BolshieB....

Leave a comment:

• NetwkSupport
    replied
    £63 a month using Uptons

Good prompt service.

All the returns, PAYE/NI, Corp tax, monthly "position" statement if you need it (just send in your latest accounts and they'll calculate if you have any surplus or need to save more to cover tax returns, etc..)
    everything else included

job done and half the price EO

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I am actually coming round to Bolshies point of view on this.

Could anyone put me in touch with an accountant who will charge me double what I am paying at the moment. I would like to get someone for 3 or maybe even 4.5k

Service must be above satisfactory though.

How about you use NW and just give me 3 grand a year for the recommendation?

Seriously though, if you do choose to go with them, PM me and I'll split the referral fee with you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X