• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Termination of services"

Collapse

• centurian
    replied
    Originally posted by b0redom View Post
    Well they knew I had an other offer, and didn't bother telling me that they were changing my payment terms until after I'd declined it, which I have to say is a bit naughty.... but point taken.
    That said - you will probably have to give some explanation to ClientCo - legally you don't have to, but in the void of silence, the natural assumption will be that the fault is entirely on your part.

So phrase it in a neutral fashion - just say something like failure to agree ongoing terms while a better offer came along etc. Just don't make it sound like you're trying to put the boot in.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by centurian View Post
    While I'm not feeling quite as bolshie as bolshie, this really is a simple thing and hardly requires a legal expert
    Good thing really, given that the question was posted on here

Leave a comment:

• eliquant
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    FFS are people complete incompetents?

Write a letter from your co to agency telling them that as stated in clause(s) xyz, your co hereby gives notice of termination of the contract between you. Clearly state the date the notice is effective on and what your co's last day at client site is.

****, Im feeling bolshie today!
    and sign the letter !

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Did the agent put a gun to your head and force you to sign?

Any attempt to put the boot in will you look petty and probably backfire. Dont do it.
    Well they knew I had an other offer, and didn't bother telling me that they were changing my payment terms until after I'd declined it, which I have to say is a bit naughty.... but point taken.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by b0redom View Post
    Thanks Bolshie + centurian.

I was just after the wording. It's not something I've ever done before. I fully intend to honour my notice period with ClientCo, and offer to remotely support them for the remainder of the contract and beyond, whilst firmly putting the boot in with the agent who forced me to change payment terms at renewal time....
    Did the agent put a gun to your head and force you to sign?

Any attempt to put the boot in will you look petty and probably backfire. Dont do it.

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    replied
    Thanks Bolshie + centurian.

I was just after the wording. It's not something I've ever done before. I fully intend to honour my notice period with ClientCo, and offer to remotely support them for the remainder of the contract and beyond, whilst firmly putting the boot in with the agent who forced me to change payment terms at renewal time....

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Is it normal to just to the "in accordance with the contract..." thing, or also to add a bit assuring them it's not due to hating their guts?

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post

Write a letter from your co to agency telling them that as stated in clause(s) xyz, your co hereby gives notice of termination of the contract between you. Clearly state the date the notice is effective on and what your co's last day at client site is.

While I'm not feeling quite as bolshie as bolshie, this really is a simple thing and hardly requires a legal expert

Just "As per our contract, I hereby invoke clause x and give y days notice effective from today's date, meaning a finish date of z"

You may wish to verbally speak to the Agent and ClientCo explaining your reasons so as not to burn bridges, but the actual notice letter should be simple and to the point.

Of course, this assumes that you intend to continue providing services for whatever your notice period is - you didn't make that clear in your OP.

If you just want to walk away from your contract, then there is no "accepted" format for this at all..

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    replied
    Swine flu is good at the mo

Leave a comment:

• Advocate
    replied
    "I've broken my leg" is the formal wording for this I believe.

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    started a topic Termination of services

Termination of services

Hi Everyone,
    Tomorrow I intend to give notice to my agency that MyCo will no longer be available to provide services to ClientCo. MyCo will be severing the service agreement around 3 weeks earlier than the official end of the contract.

Is there an accepted formal wording for doing this?

Cheers...

b0redom

Working...
X