• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Ltd Co Info on website"

Collapse

• BillHicksRIP
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On
    I'm going to do mine using Joomla:

http://www.joomla.org/

It's a free (GNU) content management thingy. I use a host that has a fantastico control panel which makes it easy to install Joomla and lots of other widgety type things.

If you want a quick easy professional looking site you might find it useful.

If you want some stuff to include you could get some RSS feeds with relevant industry info and aggregate their content on to your site (that's what I'm doing).

Maybe have a description of services you provide etc.
    Joomla's great. I had zero knowledge of building a website but managed to get a great looking site with very little effort.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth
    Understand why you would not put too much personal info due to ID fraud, but why can you not put a CV on a website?
    'Cos it doesn't look business like.

I reckon it's horses for courses; I wouldn't say "don't do it" if it's right for you.

Leave a comment:

• Maxamus
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth
    Understand why you would not put too much personal info due to ID fraud, but why can you not put a CV on a website?
    no idea but i wouldnt recommend putting a cv on the website. Instead, just show the clients you have worked for and your qualifications/certifications

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    I'm going to do mine using Joomla:

http://www.joomla.org/

It's a free (GNU) content management thingy. I use a host that has a fantastico control panel which makes it easy to install Joomla and lots of other widgety type things.

If you want a quick easy professional looking site you might find it useful.

If you want some stuff to include you could get some RSS feeds with relevant industry info and aggregate their content on to your site (that's what I'm doing).

Maybe have a description of services you provide etc.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluebird
    if you are not technically minded like me

www.easily.co.uk for domain name and e-mail
    www.moonfruit.com and build your own website [ easy - honest ]

Funny enough I had my first website effort gingerjedi.com hosted by easily.co.uk it was a bit of an embarrassment with loads of starwars facts and holiday photo's, just a learning project to teach myself HTML really, then I discovered frontpage & dreamweaver, building websites is as easy as drafting a letter these days.

Leave a comment:

• Bluebird
    replied
    if you are not technically minded like me

www.easily.co.uk for domain name and e-mail
    www.moonfruit.com and build your own website [ easy - honest ]

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Thanks I'll check it out.

Leave a comment:

• youngguy
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi
    If I set up a company website what should I include? I've heard a CV is a no no so is it a case of basic contact details and a brief description of what the company actually does or would people recommend I put descriptions of past contracts and professional memberships on there?

I have been looking and found a web company that will register my web address and give me a Pop3 mailbox for £40 PA, the mailbox would be handy to sift out company mail from personal stuff.
    I started a thread similar to this and ratwhore kindly answered. There is also a link on here somewhere that talks about Microsoft Office Live. This gives you a very basic (basic meaning that it is all templated and you can barely change colours) website and pop email address. The best thing about this is everything is free (domain, website, email) and its quite easy to update from any PC.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    started a topic Ltd Co Info on website

Ltd Co Info on website

If I set up a company website what should I include? I've heard a CV is a no no so is it a case of basic contact details and a brief description of what the company actually does or would people recommend I put descriptions of past contracts and professional memberships on there?

I have been looking and found a web company that will register my web address and give me a Pop3 mailbox for £40 PA, the mailbox would be handy to sift out company mail from personal stuff.

Working...
X