• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Mixed Working - Company Home Office"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    So daft it got it's own parody thread in general

https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...e-alcohol.html

Leave a comment:

• supersteamer
    replied
    Not going to work. I might be in my office eating my company owned apple and then have to go out to the kitchen to work on my brolly contract. By the time I get back it will be all brown and horrible.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    When even an accountant chips in with a joke, you know it's a daft question
    Actually the OP might have lost the competition already. Apeshape is reknowned for his questions and the title 'Snacks, fruit and free lunches...' sounds like that could have been this years winner but the thread is gone.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    When even an accountant chips in with a joke, you know it's a daft question

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by supersteamer View Post

I can't ask my accountant. They only do work for myCo, so can't advise on what I should be doing as employee of BrollyCo.
    They can advise you on what is and isn't allowable with company kit. That would answer your question.

Leave a comment:

• supersteamer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• supersteamer
    replied
    Did you ask your accountant?
    I can't ask my accountant. They only do work for myCo, so can't advise on what I should be doing as employee of BrollyCo.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Why is this daft?
    Did you ask your accountant? I'm sure after sharing it with the office they would have come back with an answer for you.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

How on earth would HMRC know what you are using to do the work.

And does the boss of the company who owns the equipment care that you are doing other work on it?

If you are sat on a client site doing work for another company may be a problem - working from home - who cares...
    +1 There is probably a ton of evidence from the legislations that could be posted but there is just no need. Bit of common sense is all that is needed and Eek explains that above.

Who gives a flying monkies which kit you are using at what hours. All business stuff comes with an element of personal use so just use the bloody stuff.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied

Why is this daft?
    How on earth would HMRC know what you are using to do the work.

And does the boss of the company who owns the equipment care that you are doing other work on it?

If you are sat on a client site doing work for another company may be a problem - working from home - who cares...

Leave a comment:

• supersteamer
    replied
    Can't pass a bit of fun on the late entrant for daftest post of the year.
    Why is this daft?

Leave a comment:

• MonkeysUncle
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

If you can't tell we must be doing a great job. We are trolling the arse out of it to see how long we can keep it going. Can't pass a bit of fun on the late entrant for daftest post of the year.
    Thank god for that.
    Given this was in the Accounting/Legal section I wasnt sure.

Click image for larger version

Name:	steamer.PNG
Views:	110
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	4196093

Aint this the truth!

Leave a comment:

• Craig@Clarity
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I am struggling to understand why you would leave your office when you are working on the brolly contract or why you need to pay yourself to use the office space.

Who advised you that this was necessary?
    Hector sneaks into your home when you're out and sets up spy cams to check up on your movements don't ya know!

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    [QUOTE=supersteamer;n4196084]An old client came back with a very attractive offer to continue supporting, on a limited part time basis, something I'd been working on whilst I was previously there full time (but would only accept through a brolly).

Well you've missed a trick. You should have said "provide a PO to my company if you want me to do anything."
    And told them to foxtrot oscar if they insisted on a brolly. They either want you or they don't.
    And it's amazing how soon client's change their tune when they can't get what they want.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by MonkeysUncle View Post
    I honestly cant figure out if this is a tulippost and you are trolling him/her or this is a serious discussion?

If you can't tell we must be doing a great job. We are trolling the arse out of it to see how long we can keep it going. Can't pass a bit of fun on the late entrant for daftest post of the year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X