• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Super tax savings

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Super tax savings"

Collapse

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by i-am-ltd View Post

IMO the accountants most of us are using (80-100 per month) are good for filing returns, doing taxes and standard template expenses, they are not providing a service to optimise income/profits, so sometimes the collective wisdom of this forum can come up with something they have not thought of !
    You asked what seemed a simple question which actual depends on factors we didn't know but your accountant will because they will know more about your actual business than a set of anonymous people online.

It wasn't a how can I optimise income / profits it was can I use this scheme for XYZ and the rules for that are dependent on 4 things, the exact item you are buying, why you are buying it, what you intend to use it for and the work your business performs.

We could answer the first bit, we can't answer the others and being frank - there are very few ways you can optimise your income as we discussed yesterday.
    Last edited by eek; 3 November 2021, 18:35.

Leave a comment:

• i-am-ltd
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

I only post ask your accountant when it's the sort of thing that you should be using them for, in this case it was because the devil is in the detail and we don't and can't know the detail.
    IMO the accountants most of us are using (80-100 per month) are good for filing returns, doing taxes and standard template expenses, they are not providing a service to optimise income/profits, so sometimes the collective wisdom of this forum can come up with something they have not thought of !
    Last edited by i-am-ltd; 3 November 2021, 18:21.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied

maybe it will get better if veterans stop with "ask your accountant" thingy ! this forum is soo quiet and once in a while if someone asks something we are seeing pointless responses !
    I only post ask your accountant when it's the sort of thing that you should be using them for, in this case it was because the devil is in the detail and we don't and can't know the detail.

Leave a comment:

• i-am-ltd
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Sheesh, is it me or has the quality of posters in prof taken an absolute nosedive since April?
    maybe it will get better if veterans stop with "ask your accountant" thingy ! this forum is soo quiet and once in a while if someone asks something we are seeing pointless responses !

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Sheesh, is it me or has the quality of posters in prof taken an absolute nosedive since April?

Leave a comment:

• i-am-ltd
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    We’ll then, there’s your answer.
    not exactly ! as 90% or more here are in 'IT Consulting Services' business the laws should apply in the similar manner to everyone, is it not ? the accountant is only an advisor in the end HMRC will come after you if you bend the rules !!

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied

my accountant says this is not application for my company
    I think you should find an accountant who speaks proper English then.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied

my accountant says this is not application for my company
    We’ll then, there’s your answer.

Leave a comment:

• i-am-ltd
    replied

definitely :-))
    my accountant says this is not applicable for my company
    Last edited by i-am-ltd; 3 November 2021, 18:03.

Leave a comment:

• i-am-ltd
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

Ask your accountant...
    definitely :-))

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    does this apply to the phone ? desk and chair ? and screen ?
    Ask your accountant...

Leave a comment:

• i-am-ltd
    replied
    does this apply to the phone ? desk and chair ? and screen ?

Leave a comment:

• philip@wellwoodhoyle
    replied
    One other caveat is that to claim the super-allowance, the item you buy has to be new, and not second hand or a demonstrator model etc. That fact came out of a recent tax course. That could catch people who buy reconditioned or second hand equipment etc.

Leave a comment:

• JHamp82
    replied
    Yes, assuming the Laptop will be wholly and exclusively for the purpose of your trade then you can claim this under SD where 130% of the cost goes against taxable profit.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Assuming it is treated as a capital expense, yes.

( Bear in mind that, if you sell the equipment back to yourself on closing your company and the equipment still has residual value, it is complicated to reverse. )

Leave a comment:

Working...
X