• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Current Accountant is not responding"

Collapse

• DaaaaaaaaaaN
    replied
    Originally posted by mike78 View Post
    Hi All,
    I am about to start liquidation and need to submit final returns. and my current accountant is not responding since few days now.

I think I don't have any other option than going to other accountant .

Any issues I can face please ?

Regards
    Keep chasing them. I was using one of the big contractor accounting firms and I had to chase them for over 4 months to get a response to my request to shut down my company. I tried constantly ringing, emailing etc and they either didn't answer or kept fobbing me off with weak excuses. It took me leaving them a scathing review on trustpilot to get them to eventually deal with it.

Leave a comment:

• bcontractor
    replied
    I am also liquidating and I've had to chase my accountants almost daily. Luckily at least they answer the phone, but it's been a bit of a struggle! Luckily the only think they have to do now is the cessation accounts!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by mike78 View Post
    I tried every single thing , phone calls, emails, text messages, whats app with no luck . yes he is aware of liquidation.
    How about replying to those messages: -

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    How have you tried to contact them? I assume they are a 1 person outfit? Have you considered they may have a sick family member? How long until you need to submit final returns? You need to do more digging first.

I have switched accountants before. But that was mid year. Will a new accountant have to repeat extra work?

I would like to point out that the OP is lacking on detail and their is something else going on here. It will save NLUK a job and I am learning his skills....
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    So a few days of not responding? How many exactly? What sort of turnaround do you usually get to enquiries? How have you tried to contact them?

Do you have a deadline you're working to? When you started the process of winding up, did you make your accountant aware of this deadline?

Leave a comment:

• mike78
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Have you tried ringing them? Not email, text, Snapchat, whatever. That old fashioned thing where you speak to them?

Apart from being busy is there a chance they are sick?

Changing accountants for a few days is just silly. You'll likely need to speak to your accountant as part of the off boarding so there is a little flaw in your daft plan as well.
    I tried every single thing , phone calls, emails, text messages, whats app with no luck . yes he is aware of liquidation.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Have you tried ringing them? Not email, text, Snapchat, whatever. That old fashioned thing where you speak to them?

Apart from being busy is there a chance they are sick?

Changing accountants for a few days is just silly. You'll likely need to speak to your accountant as part of the off boarding so there is a little flaw in your daft plan as well.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    So a few days of not responding? How many exactly? What sort of turnaround do you usually get to enquiries? How have you tried to contact them?

Do you have a deadline you're working to? When you started the process of winding up, did you make your accountant aware of this deadline?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Also, as it's so close to Year-End, it will cost you to move to a new accountant (that's not a reason why you shouldn't move though).

Accountants spread their bill over the year, but most of the work is done at YE - you'll have to pay for that work upfront for 20-21, and then move to monthly payment for 21-22.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    How have you tried to contact them? I assume they are a 1 person outfit? Have you considered they may have a sick family member? How long until you need to submit final returns? You need to do more digging first.

I have switched accountants before. But that was mid year. Will a new accountant have to repeat extra work?

I would like to point out that the OP is lacking on detail and their is something else going on here. It will save NLUK a job and I am learning his skills....

Leave a comment:

• mike78
    started a topic Current Accountant is not responding

Current Accountant is not responding

Hi All,
    I am about to start liquidation and need to submit final returns. and my current accountant is not responding since few days now.

I think I don't have any other option than going to other accountant .

Any issues I can face please ?

Regards

Working...
X