• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Physical paper tax return, can you send HMRC a printed out copy or do you have to"

Collapse

• sbakoola
    replied
    Originally posted by oilboil View Post
    If you are not a UK resident and have certain forms of overseas income the online system doesn't support it, so you need the paper version.

To the OP, whilst the HMRC online system doesn't support this online filing there are lots of accountants systems that do allow these filings - find yourself a decent accountant (may well be different to your company's accountant) who can submit this online for you

Thanks for the info.

Leave a comment:

• oilboil
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    why are you obliged to do it on paper?
    Did you not get your UTR in time?
    If you are not a UK resident and have certain forms of overseas income the online system doesn't support it, so you need the paper version.

To the OP, whilst the HMRC online system doesn't support this online filing there are lots of accountants systems that do allow these filings - find yourself a decent accountant (may well be different to your company's accountant) who can submit this online for you

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Yes you can. I print mine out from TaxCalc software. I have to print and post it because the electronic submission fails every time for no apparent reason.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Nosey!

vaguely interested....
    It's the only part of this that is interesting. I cannot understand why anyone would be obliged to do a paper return.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Nosey!

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
    Nothing strange. I am just out of the UK at the moment on a trip and I am a non-European citizen and I have to file a late Self Assessment.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    Have you asked HMRC this?
    Only possible if HMRC pick up the phone.

I have a straight-forward question that needs an answer but I get a recorded message along the lines of 'All of our agents are busy, please try again later' before they drop the line...

Leave a comment:

• sbakoola
    replied
    I suppose it depends on why you are obliged to send them a physical paper copy.
    If they (HMRC) oblige you to do this then their letter asking you will provide guidance.
    I would have thought that by the time I've printed it out I'd sign it with a pen anyway as I'd hate them to reject it.

It seems very, very odd though. What aren't you telling us?

And why would it be a problem or are you getting your accountant to print it?
    Nothing strange. I am just out of the UK at the moment on a trip and I am a non-European citizen and I have to file a late Self Assessment.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    If you use the official SA100 form that you can complete within Adobe Acrobat then, yes, you can print it off and post it when you're done.

You do know that paper forms were supposed to have been submitted by 31 October 2020 so you risk a fine / penalty for what will technically be a late submission. Only electronic form submission has until 31 January 2021.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
    Physical paper tax return ....... can you send HMRC a printed out copy with a machine printed signature or do you HAVE to send them a self assessment with my signature using black or blue ink ?

Due to circumstances I am obliged to send HMRC a physical paper copy and cannot file my Self Assessment electronically.

thanks for any advice.

I suppose it depends on why you are obliged to send them a physical paper copy.
    If they (HMRC) oblige you to do this then their letter asking you will provide guidance.
    I would have thought that by the time I've printed it out I'd sign it with a pen anyway as I'd hate them to reject it.

It seems very, very odd though. What aren't you telling us?

And why would it be a problem or are you getting your accountant to print it?

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Have you asked HMRC this?

Leave a comment:

• Physical paper tax return, can you send HMRC a printed out copy or do you have to

Physical paper tax return ....... can you send HMRC a printed out copy with a machine printed signature or do you HAVE to send them a self assessment with my signature using black or blue ink ?

Due to circumstances I am obliged to send HMRC a physical paper copy and cannot file my Self Assessment electronically.

thanks for any advice.

Working...
X