• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cant reclaim IPSE/QDOS?"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    IPSE is a genuine business expense, since without the company you wouldn't need it. Therefore it is not a BIK, and VAT is obviously reclaimable. What you can't do - for some very real but arcane legal reasons from the early 1900s - is offset it against Corporation Tax.
    ^^ this

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    IPSE is an odd one. I don't believe you are supposed to as its a personal subscription or summat.

QDOS however is insurance so doesn't attract VAT so there is none to reclaim.
    IPSE is a genuine business expense, since without the company you wouldn't need it. Therefore it is not a BIK, and VAT is obviously reclaimable. What you can't do - for some very real but arcane legal reasons from the early 1900s - is offset it against Corporation Tax.

Leave a comment:

• zonkkk
    replied
    Originally posted by MonkeysUncle View Post
    Morning
    someone mentioning that you cant reclaim the VAT on an IPSE/QDOS subscription.
    is this right?
    VAT is 0 on my QDOS insurance package invoice, so nothing to reclaim.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Morning
    I remember reading somewhere on here (I have tried searching but cant find it again) someone mentioning that you cant reclaim the VAT on an IPSE/QDOS subscription.

is this right?

Thanks MU
    IPSE is an odd one. I don't believe you are supposed to as its a personal subscription or summat.

QDOS however is insurance so doesn't attract VAT so there is none to reclaim.

Leave a comment:

• MonkeysUncle
    replied
    Thats the one.
    Thanks

....so used to searching the forum it didnt actually occur to me to look on the actually orgs website

Leave a comment:

• wattaj
    replied
    Morning
    I remember reading somewhere on here (I have tried searching but cant find it again) someone mentioning that you cant reclaim the VAT on an IPSE/QDOS subscription.

is this right?

Thanks MU
    FAQs | IPSE

Leave a comment:

• MonkeysUncle
    started a topic Cant reclaim IPSE/QDOS?

Cant reclaim IPSE/QDOS?

Morning

is this right?

Thanks MU

Working...
X