• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "contractor to permie"

Collapse

• eastway
    replied
    Originally posted by ContractingBrit View Post
    Thanks for the responses. Yes have maximised the dividends for this year.

For the new tax year, does the salary from permie job count towards dividend threshold?
    As has already mentioned do speak with your accountant etc etc, but if you go permie you will still have a £2k dividend allowance @0%, any other dividends will be taxed at a rate dependent on your PAYE income.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    As grim as NLUK can be, he's absolutely right. Your accountant is paid to help you with your individual circumstances.
    Grim? That's a new one. I'll have to change my ways won't I.

Speak to your accountant you doofus

How dat?

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied

For the new tax year, does the salary from permie job count towards dividend threshold?
    As grim as NLUK can be, he's absolutely right. Your accountant is paid to help you with your individual circumstances.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied

Lol - yes

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• ContractingBrit
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by zonkkk View Post
    Pay yourself dividends up to higher rate tax threshold, before the 5th of April.
    today

tick. tock....

Leave a comment:

• zonkkk
    replied
    Hi all

I have ended my short stint in the world of contracting and taken up a permie role. I want to keep the ltd company running for atleast a couple of months just in case.

Has anyone got any tips - best way to extract the remaining profits in the company bank account or just any tips in general from when moving from contractor back to permie?
    Pay yourself dividends up to higher rate tax threshold, before the 5th of April.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Hi all

I have ended my short stint in the world of contracting and taken up a permie role. I want to keep the ltd company running for atleast a couple of months just in case.

Has anyone got any tips - best way to extract the remaining profits in the company bank account or just any tips in general from when moving from contractor back to permie?
    You've got today to sort out anything for this tax year.
    Tax efficient options for extracting dividends are limited once you receive a larger PAYE salary.
    The "best way" depends on lots of factors. IMO the best way is to understand the options at a high level and make your own judgement call.

personally I'd keep my LTD. going until I knew for sure I'd never use it again. But that's me and I know my circumstances.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Thanks sherlock!

I want to discuss with people and know about their experiences on the forum, if it is okay with you?
    Fill yer boots.

Leave a comment:

• ContractingBrit
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Yeah, your accountant.
    Thanks sherlock!

I want to discuss with people and know about their experiences on the forum, if it is okay with you?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Hi all

Yeah, your accountant.

Leave a comment:

• ContractingBrit
    started a topic contractor to permie

contractor to permie

Hi all

Working...
X