• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Business account with Tide, Cashplus, Revolut etc"

Collapse

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
    Yes, I got that, and have to say its pretty sweet. Because I've been checking my accounts for years, I feel confident enough to do without an accountant because of FreeAgent. Previously I used Crunch, which was the same really, just with very poor accounting help, and very slow end of year procedures.
    Quite. And for the simplest of nano businesses that have just one or two payments in and one out monthly, the Nat West/RBS deal with FreeAgent is perfect.

Leave a comment:

• SuperLooper
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Because you get a free FreeAgent account?
    Ah, thanks, I'd missed that.

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Throw in the free FreeAgent account and it's unbeatable?
    Yes, I got that, and have to say its pretty sweet. Because I've been checking my accounts for years, I feel confident enough to do without an accountant because of FreeAgent. Previously I used Crunch, which was the same really, just with very poor accounting help, and very slow end of year procedures.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperLooper View Post
    Still don't understand why anyone would pay a per-transaction charge when there are better free alternatives.
    Because you get a free FreeAgent account?

Leave a comment:

• SuperLooper
    replied
    Natwest wrote to me yesterday saying they are abolishing the £5 a month charge, and going forward will only charge for each transaction. So I expect this to be very cheap for most contractors, and probably other banks to follow.
    Still don't understand why anyone would pay a per-transaction charge when there are better free alternatives.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Revolut is great for what it does, but I would not feel safe using it for a high value business account.

Natwest wrote to me yesterday saying they are abolishing the £5 a month charge, and going forward will only charge for each transaction. So I expect this to be very cheap for most contractors, and probably other banks to follow.

Whether High Street banks will survive Corona is another topic though!
    Throw in the free FreeAgent account and it's unbeatable?

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    Revolut is great for what it does, but I would not feel safe using it for a high value business account.

Whether High Street banks will survive Corona is another topic though!

Leave a comment:

• SuperLooper
    replied
    Starling and Monzo are real banks. I highly recommend both of them.

Leave a comment:

• TheCyclingProgrammer
    replied
    I'm using Starling but bank balance currently exceeds the FSCS protection limits - might be worth signing up for a Monzo business account too I think.

Edit - well that was easy. Took less than 5 minutes.
    Last edited by TheCyclingProgrammer; 18 March 2020, 11:28.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Anyone not using an FSCS scheme in these times must need their heads examining.

Leave a comment:

• genius
    replied
    Don't use Revolut.

Use Starling, real bank.

Leave a comment:

• abz2020
    started a topic Business account with Tide, Cashplus, Revolut etc

Business account with Tide, Cashplus, Revolut etc

Hi all,

I know some of you are using the e-money service companies for business accounts. These are not banks. They claim they keep your money in safeguarded accounts (whatever that means) and it is not at risk.
    What do you think about that? You recon this is good enough to keep your LTD's money safe or we should stick to FSCS banks?

Working...
X