• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Need to contract services for winding up my LTD"

Collapse

• craigy1874
    replied
    Originally posted by bul View Post
    Hi guys,

Last year I created an UK LTD, for a promising/long term contract, well giving the contract finally was not that long term, and the involved hassel in managing the LTD I decide to Wind up it.

On my LTD account book There is only 4 invoices and some VAT return...

1. Do you know any CHEAP services/agency that could wind up my company?
    2. What is the usual amount for winding up a company? I guess that depends on how big account book you have.
    3. How long can I take?
    To be perfectly honest you won't find someone who will deal with this CHEAPLY. As an accountant, the hassle involved in taking you on, completing anti-money laundering checks, having HMRC 64-8's completed, getting engagement letters signed to then carry out one piece of work for you is not really that appealing.

Therefore I would actually charge a PREMIUM for this work, rather than doing it CHEAPLY.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Do you mean MVL?

1. Around £1500 - £1800 depending on your assets (that's cheap - others cost more than twice that).
    2. I had a quote for £3500
    3. As long as you want - longer means cheaper. The £3500 would have turned it around more quickly but I valued the money over the speed.

As I keep saying - quick/complicated and cheap MVL services don't exist. Pick either/or.
    I don't think MVLK is relevant if you haven't got significant funds in the company (and 4 invoices probably isn't sufficient funds)

The Differences Between Striking Off And Members Voluntary Liquidations | DCA Business Recovery LLP covers the options - I suspect you want to work on striking off your firm.

Professionals are expensive though so it would be cheaper to work out what bits you can do yourself first.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by bul View Post
    Hi guys,

Last year I created an UK LTD, for a promising/long term contract, well giving the contract finally was not that long term, and the involved hassel in managing the LTD I decide to Wind up it.

2. What is the usual amount for winding up a company? I guess that depends on how big account book you have.
    3. How long can I take?
    Do you mean MVL?

1. Around £1500 - £1800 depending on your assets (that's cheap - others cost more than twice that).
    2. I had a quote for £3500
    3. As long as you want - longer means cheaper. The £3500 would have turned it around more quickly but I valued the money over the speed.

As I keep saying - quick/complicated and cheap MVL services don't exist. Pick either/or.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    1. Nope
    2. Why would it? Takes the same amount of time to fill in the same paperwork.
    3. As long as you want.

Leave a comment:

• bul
    started a topic Need to contract services for winding up my LTD

Need to contract services for winding up my LTD

Hi guys,

3. How long can I take?

Working...
X