• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Why don't banks make your transactions searchable?"

Collapse

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I must've missed the screenshots and detailed feature breakdowns necessary to make me switch business banks, rather than "my bank does it".

Can we keep the passive-aggressive mockery to General please?
    At some point you're going to have do your own leg work. Or are you a PM?
    This thread should have been in general in the first place so you've got away quite lightly.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I must've missed the screenshots and detailed feature breakdowns necessary to make me switch business banks, rather than "my bank does it".

Can we keep the passive-aggressive mockery to General please?

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    ........ I wouldn't object to changing bank but how can I find which have which features first?
    https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2704294

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by genius View Post
    This is a boring thread about a boring thing.
    Yes that's why it's in the special forum section dedicated to boring things.

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    That's only a slighly better suggestion than just putting all the personal and company money into the same bank account. It's in the same ball park though.
    I had wondered if FA had support for multiple accounts rather than implicitly treating them all as tied to the business. After all it has facilities for personal tax which don't come from your business account.

Why don't you just move bank? That's pretty easy.

(not a lot of people know this, but you're more than twice as likely to have a divorce than change the bank you sue for your current account. It makes no sense but it's true).
    I've changed bank accounts frequently but never divorced... I wouldn't object to changing bank but how can I find which have which features first?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperLooper View Post
    You could solve this problem by not spending any money, and therefore having no transactions to search for.
    Or having too much money and not caring about the transactions.

Leave a comment:

• SuperLooper
    replied
    You could solve this problem by not spending any money, and therefore having no transactions to search for.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    GENERAL !!!!!
    Custard

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by genius View Post
    GENERAL !!!!!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    RBS let's you do it. Has as long as I can remember.

Leave a comment:

• genius
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BigRed
    replied
    Just use something like Money Dashboard | Master Your Money | Budgeting App UK with open banking pretty much rolled out it will download all your transactions automatically, give you some nice dashboards and let you filter/search for transactions.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Can I pull my personal accounts into FreeAgent without confusing everything?
    That's only a slighly better suggestion than just putting all the personal and company money into the same bank account. It's in the same ball park though.

Why don't you just move bank? That's pretty easy.

(not a lot of people know this, but you're more than twice as likely to have a divorce than change the bank you sue for your current account. It makes no sense but it's true).

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    You'd have to code the transactions somewhere and that would hit your financial statements if you're not very careful. It could also look a bit dodgy if anyone were to go through your transactions, even if it were all legit.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Hmm, I have personal and business accounts with both HSBC and Santander as well as personal with 1st Direct. I've never found a way to do it on any of them although they have all done big face-lifts recently.

Anyone using these able to confirm if it's user error on my part? There's also the limit on some will show you recent transactions then force you to delve into statements, others will let you see transactions for a much longer period.

I think 1st was the worst when I was doing accounts the other day... not only did I have to download a statement then open it to see it, each time I had to go back to the statement list and get the next one - no "previous/next" buttons I could spot.

But other things like find all payments to/from the same account. Set up a standing order to someone you already paid manually without re-typing in all the details. Maybe banks are so fearful of introducing a bug they don't make any changes at all if they can avoid it

Leave a comment:

Working...
X