• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New IR35 Online Tool"

Collapse

• legal
    replied
    Originally posted by contractorcontractor View Post
    Why get religious? Would it have been less effort to answer instead of making a smarmy comment? Is your job to deter people using this forum and make the site irrelevent?

Try imagining that I already googled the term, and even clicked the help for clarification.

If you dont want to answer just ignore the post.
    Yep, we all do same, ignore replies from him!

Leave a comment:

• MrButton
    replied
    Originally posted by DeludedKitten View Post
    Are you sure you're not reading too much into a typo? Imagine that there was an additional "r" in the message that seems to have upset you so much:

and it makes a much more reasonable question - does it refer to you being an office holder of the supplier or the client company?
    Client company

Leave a comment:

• DeludedKitten
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    But we can't do that. If you think the term 'Office holder' has anything to do with an office then clearly you haven't so difficult to make that assumption going forward.
    Are you sure you're not reading too much into a typo? Imagine that there was an additional "r" in the message that seems to have upset you so much:

Does not the term "Office Holder" refer to an officer of the contracting company (supplier) rather than the client company?
    and it makes a much more reasonable question - does it refer to you being an office holder of the supplier or the client company?

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by genius View Post
    He's utterly despised, a stain on this forum.
    Only I get to call him that.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    He bought me a drink once, so isn't all that bad
    Erm. Well... I might have put it on mudksippers tab because she was too drunk to notice..

Anyway, shhh about this buying drinks business. I've got a reputation to keep.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by genius View Post
    He bought me a drink once, so isn't all that bad

Leave a comment:

• genius
    replied
    Originally posted by simes View Post
    Everyone else does...

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Why get religious? Would it have been less effort to answer instead of making a smarmy comment? Is your job to deter people using this forum and make the site irrelevent?

Try imagining that I already googled the term, and even clicked the help for clarification.

If you dont want to answer just ignore the post.
    But we can't do that. If you think the term 'Office holder' has anything to do with an office then clearly you haven't so difficult to make that assumption going forward.

It was sarky and probably not required so I do apologise for posting in frustration, but, the CEST tool is about trying to determine if you are carrying on business on your own account. How on earth can you prove you are doing that when you don't even know you are a business? How can you help clients with determinations if you have no idea what you are to help them? How can you be that business and pass CEST when you don't know about being a business? Surely this is exactly what HMRC have picked up on and why they are hammering us.

I might have put it in a much better way but if you are in a position where you think you are one thing, HMRC thinks you are something else so you've got a fight on, surely knowing what you are is the first step?
    Last edited by northernladuk; 28 November 2019, 15:37.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
    and so they should!
    That's rich coming from Simes and you of all people.

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    Originally posted by simes View Post
    Everyone else does...
    and so they should!

Leave a comment:

• simes
    replied
    Originally posted by saptastic View Post
    Ignore NLUK
    Everyone else does...

Leave a comment:

• TheCyclingProgrammer
    replied
    Just ran through it for my current client and it came back as outside IR35. I did select that I had the right to substitute and that the client could not refuse one (which is effectively what my contract says, so long as any substitute is qualified and is bound by the same terms that I am). Would be interesting to know what it would come back as if I had skipped this as I know a RoS is always vulnerable to challenge if it isn't used but I'm pretty confident anyway.

Leave a comment:

• TheCyclingProgrammer
    replied
    Does not the term "Office Holder" refer to an office of the contracting company (supplier) rather than the client company?
    In the context of IR35 yes, there is a specific rule relating to office holders and IR35. It basically means you cannot act be remunerated for services as the office holder of another company via your own intermediary. Most people here can probably safely ignore this particular aspect of IR35.

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    replied
    Ignore NLUK

It is discussed here if any use

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...highlight=cest

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    have you asked your accountants?
    what did they say?

Leave a comment: