• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Nest vs SW - Charge Differences"

Collapse

• coe123
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I have no idea what you are talking about.

I have never heard of these companies.

Annual charges and funds?? That doesn't sound very umbrella-like to me.
    Sorry - I looked at other boards and didn't see any relevant ones.

Contributions and Fees | NEST Pensions

1.8% sounds a lot but they then only charge you 0.3% per annum, so over the long term it looks like a reasonable deal.
    Nest is clear on that one, but I want to know if SW charges this too. 1.8% of £40K is £720, and more importantly I don't like the fact that they take it away the day I deposit the money - I accept the fact that companies need to make money to operate but as a customer I am entitled to look at a better deal if one is available.

Anyone using Scottish Widows group pension?

Leave a comment:

• Cirrus
    replied
    Originally posted by coe123 View Post
    If you are with SW, do you know what sort of charges you pay - or provide a link which has specific details of all charges?

Contributions and Fees | NEST Pensions

1.8% sounds a lot but they then only charge you 0.3% per annum, so over the long term it looks like a reasonable deal.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
    Pension
    Then this should be posted in A/L as fewer people read this forum unless they have an interest in umbrellas.

I’ll move it.

Leave a comment:

• lucyclarityumbrella
    replied
    You need to speak with the pension provider; the umbrella can only discuss certain elements of the pension with you as they are not regulated to advise. Best to call the providers and ask them direct.

Leave a comment:

• Anonimouse
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post

Pension

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied

Leave a comment:

• coe123
    started a topic Nest vs SW - Charge Differences

Nest vs SW - Charge Differences

Sorry - very specific question but one that might translate into some good ££ over the next few years so looking to get an idea.

I looked at Nest and they appear to charge a rather high (1.8%) Contribution Charge to put money in, I then looked at whether SW and their documentation is less clear - although there is fund specific charge (std annual charge), there is no info on whether there are any other entry/exit charges.

If you are with SW, do you know what sort of charges you pay - or provide a link which has specific details of all charges?

Working...
X