• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: SJD Accountancy

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "SJD Accountancy"

Collapse

• Invisiblehand
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    But still not completely happy....
    Maybe he should use Darren Upton?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by AlecJ View Post
    I was with SJD a couple years back, they were not terrible.... But i moved, so i obviously wasn't happy.

I pay less now and am much happier with my current accountant.
    But still not completely happy....

Leave a comment:

• AlecJ
    replied
    SJD

I was with SJD a couple years back, they were not terrible.... But i moved, so i obviously wasn't happy.

I pay less now and am much happier with my current accountant.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by simondolan View Post
    Shame you never got to use the spreadsheet.....
    the spreadsheet was the best thing about them. By the time I'd cracked the password to make it do what I wanted anyway.

Leave a comment:

• andrew150316
    replied
    Originally posted by oxon1985 View Post
    been with them just under a year, no problem with them - really good portal (much easier in my opinion than free agent) always answer questions promptly and to a decent level

not the cheapest but happy with the service to cost aspect.
    Into my second year with them (and second year of contracting). Everything's been really straight forward with them and i find the portal really easy to use.

Am just starting now to look around though and see if i can get a better deal with someone more local to me (based in Sheffield, and face to face meetings were in Salford - which was ok because i was working in Manchester at the time).

Leave a comment:

• simondolan
    replied
    been with them just under a year, no problem with them - really good portal (much easier in my opinion than free agent) always answer questions promptly and to a decent level

Shame you never got to use the spreadsheet.....

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    OK, what sort of things do they screw up?/should i beware of?

from my view of Free Agent (had it free from Natwest business) and the SJD portal, SJD is so much easier getting view of current and future financial liabilitys and state, easier to raise and track invoices and much easier with expenses.

only down side to SJD portal i see is not being able to export your raw data.
    Giving me financial advice on salaries, pensions and dividends that bore no relation to MyCo's assets or my own instructions.

Handing my affairs through three "accountants" and two offices without notice. I don't see moving me from Cheltenham to Londond as being "to my benefit" when I'm in Bristol...

Failing to answer questions or prepare VAT and year end filings without constant reminders, and then getting them back to fix basic errors.

Generally being unhelpful and making me having to do work I was paying them to do for me.

When I finally gave up, failing to cancel my RTI reporting meaning HMRC thought I had double my income and leading to a months long battle to sort out my tax position.

After I had left, sending me multiple reminders to do things, including advising me my "accountant" was off on paternity leave...

But apart from that

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Switch it around. What benefits are you getting from and expensive company with a bespoke portal versus well recommended smaller Freeagent accountants that many of us already use?

Leave a comment:

• oxon1985
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    "Under a year" only means they haven't had the chance to screw anything up yet...

On the other hand, Freeagent is way better than any portal solution, and SJD are part of an impersonal larger crank-the-handle corporation. There are better and cheaper options out there.
    OK, what sort of things do they screw up?/should i beware of?

from my view of Free Agent (had it free from Natwest business) and the SJD portal, SJD is so much easier getting view of current and future financial liabilitys and state, easier to raise and track invoices and much easier with expenses.

only down side to SJD portal i see is not being able to export your raw data.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied

"Under a year" only means they haven't had the chance to screw anything up yet...

On the other hand, Freeagent is way better than any portal solution, and SJD are part of an impersonal larger crank-the-handle corporation. There are better and cheaper options out there.

Leave a comment:

• oxon1985
    replied

Leave a comment:

• newbea
    started a topic SJD Accountancy

SJD Accountancy

There were things posted in the past on the subject but I would like to hear of your recent experiences with them. Worth it, or not?

Working...
X