• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "That time of year again - IPSE+ or QDOS"

Collapse

• Spoiler
    replied
    Finally made a decision and went .... #fullqdos
    See you in a year

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    IPSE have just posted their Financial Statements. Results show another substantial depletion of Members' Funds. IPSE-US funded to the tune of £180k out of UK Members' money. Go figure...

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Sarcastagging has long been an endearing feature of the IPSE forums. "Informative" when someone spouts drivel. "Useful" when someone makes the most pointless post. And "friendly" when someone gets into a forum spat.

Actually their forums are pretty friendly, if a tad quiet at present...
    Thanks for the response, appreciated. Though I gave up on them quite some time ago, I concluded that they (forums) were anything but friendly. Particularly, when trying to influence things (for the greater good) the only two responses that I received were (from TPB) to circle the wagons in a joint defence or to say the information I wanted to learn from was confidential. Ah - I forgot, the third response was to threaten a ban. So, if the place is (still) quiet, it's only TPB who are to blame. I guess some things simply aren't going to change.

Edited to add - I just remembered the fourth response, deletion of posts from the forum.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Hmmm. Assuming that there may have been a change of heart underlying this comment, that I find a little refreshing. In that along with the words "military intelligence", the words "IPSE, friendly and forum" are somewhat oxymoronic?
    Sarcastagging has long been an endearing feature of the IPSE forums. "Informative" when someone spouts drivel. "Useful" when someone makes the most pointless post. And "friendly" when someone gets into a forum spat.

Actually their forums are pretty friendly, if a tad quiet at present...

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    The best thing about the IPSE forums is the 'friendly' rating
    Hmmm. Assuming that there may have been a change of heart underlying this comment, that I find a little refreshing. In that along with the words "military intelligence", the words "IPSE, friendly and forum" are somewhat oxymoronic?

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by wattaj View Post
    I am SOOO bored of this constant tulipe from you. The constant dancing around trying to score a winning point by obfuscation and bloody-minded blah-blah-blah. Just **** off. I'm done.
    The "ignore list" is your best friend in that regard. Unfortunately, you do still get to see quoted text you'd rather not see.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Qdos Contractor View Post
    Can I provide the coin?

Seb
    Where you going to get that from? I heard you even pay for your Starbucks with a fifty pound note nowadays.

Leave a comment:

• Qdos Contractor
    replied
    Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
    Read some posts/reviews on FSB Insurance, and not convinced about their support from the moment the brown envelope arrives ...

Think it will soon be coin flip time between IPSE & QDOS
    Can I provide the coin?

Seb

Leave a comment:

• Spoiler
    replied
    Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
    FSB Business Essentials seems a reasonable option - anyone have this or looked at it ??
    Read some posts/reviews on FSB Insurance, and not convinced about their support from the moment the brown envelope arrives ...

Think it will soon be coin flip time between IPSE & QDOS

Leave a comment:

• Spoiler
    replied
    Still not pulled the trigger yet on renewing (with anyone!).

Started to think who else would offer the products/services I'm looking for from either IPSE/QDOS ... and found the FSB website - not the Russian lot

FSB Business Essentials seems a reasonable option - anyone have this or looked at it ??

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    No it can't. But i struggle to make that a reason for telling people that its not worth joining IPSE...
    Any idea what the reasons are that does make it worth joining IPSE?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Just **** off. I'm done.
    The best thing about the IPSE forums is the 'friendly' rating

Leave a comment:

• wattaj
    replied
    Except they are joining. Look at who is on the MF...
    No. No they're not. As you know, I have seen the numbers and they are not good.
    The MF contains two "traditional" contractors, the rest of them are the dreaded freelances of various flavours. Wonder where they found them, since the MF has to be drawn from the membership...
    There have always been a variety of non-IT contracting members. You know this, so I can only assume that you are being deliberately obtuse. My point is the net inflow of members is negative. These shiny, new make-up vlogers and part-time waiters cannot make up for the traditional IT and engineering contractors that are retiring and/or leaving in their droves.
    No it can't. But i struggle to make that a reason for telling people that its not worth joining IPSE...
    I am SOOO bored of this constant tulipe from you. The constant dancing around trying to score a winning point by obfuscation and bloody-minded blah-blah-blah. Just **** off. I'm done.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    There have always been a variety of non-IT contracting members. You know this, so I can only assume that you are being deliberately obtuse. My point is the net inflow of members is negative. These shiny, new make-up vlogers and part-time waiters cannot make up for the traditional IT and engineering contractors that are retiring and/or leaving in their droves.

Leave a comment:

• wattaj
    replied
    Funny that. The MF contains two "traditional" contractors, the rest of them are the dreaded freelances of various flavours. Wonder where they found them, since the MF has to be drawn from the membership...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X