• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "My agency wants the VAT certificate but I only have the number."

Collapse

• radish2008
    replied
    Get the copy from your accountant.

Create a folder that has all the standard docs asked for by agents, stick it on OneDrive etc and then never have to worry about it again. What might worry me is that you think it's illegal for them to ask for it
    Last edited by radish2008; 2 June 2018, 14:30. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    My agency wants the VAT certificate but I only have the number.

Originally posted by Ricardo19ip View Post
    Hello,

My agency says it needs my VAT certificate, is that normal, is that legal, why do they want that?
    Is it normal?
    - Well, it does happen from time to time.

Is it legal?
    - It is not illegal.

Why do they want it?
    - You’d be best to ask them why they want it, rather than us.

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Login to YourCo.'s Gov.uk portal. You can download your VAT certificate as a PDF.

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Don't send them the paper original if you get one. A copy is all I would risk them losing. Scan and email is easiest.

Didn't know a PDF was available these days so that would be best if can obtain it easy enough as above.

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
    I must say I don't understand this requirement either. They know who you are (or YourCo), your registered address and your VAT number. It's easily verified using VIES: VIES
    Because agents are not smart people?

Leave a comment:

• TheCyclingProgrammer
    replied
    I must say I don't understand this requirement either. They know who you are (or YourCo), your registered address and your VAT number. It's easily verified using VIES: VIES

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    It's a pretty standard request, to be fair. You can get your certificate online the moment it's set up - you should be able to login to the VAT portal. Just checked and my PDF is literally from the same day I set up the company.

Push back to the accountant and get them to give you something - I don't remember if I ever got a paper one or not (probably) but a copy of the online one has always been sufficient.

Leave a comment:

• My agency wants the VAT certificate but I only have the number.

Hello,

My agency says it needs my VAT certificate, is that normal, is that legal, why do they want that?
    I already gave them my VAT number.

My accountant (CRUNCH) sent me the number and told me I will receive a letter with that certificate, but still nothing about that letter (I applied 3 or 4 weeks ago).

Thanks for help.

Working...
X