• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Accounting & Pay for 1 week in the tax year"

Collapse

• Scruff
    replied
    Did you try Torquemada charging you? 😱

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by fwd View Post
    As stated, I have an accountant now.
    Appreciate if you can help if not can you please stop with the inquisition.
    Are they a he or a she?

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    I certainly didnt expect an inquisition. Is your accountant Spanish?

What are his chief weapons?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I have an accountant but as they were not with me during that period they want to charge me to provide that information.
    I'd be having words then. He might not have been engaged at that point but surely it's very little skin of his nose to help you out surely? If it is a complex question that's going to take time and cost then we are certainly not best placed to help.

I've yet to have an accountant that wouldn't answer a simple question about something unrelated to the business year I'm in.

Leave a comment:

• fwd
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Who was your accountant for the previous year?
    I notice in another thread you were trying to do everything on your own.
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...christmas.html

Have you now got an accountant or are you still trying to do it yourself?

Leave a comment:

• fwd
    replied
    Originally posted by SeanT View Post
    FTFY, guessing you're now just a "limited cost trader"
    yes

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    My mistake, I worked the last week in March.
    Who was your accountant for the previous year?
    I notice in another thread you were trying to do everything on your own.
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...christmas.html

Have you now got an accountant or are you still trying to do it yourself?

Leave a comment:

• SeanT
    replied
    I was on the flat rate scheme @ 14.5%
    FTFY, guessing you're now just a "limited cost trader"

Leave a comment:

• fwd
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    The last week in April is in this tax year, not last. The tax year runs to the 5th of April. If your work and invoice were after that, then they are in the current tax year.
    My mistake, I worked the last week in March.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Hi, In the tax year of 2016/17 I only worked the final week of the year, (last week in April).

My invoice for the year was 2,750+550 VAT= 3,300 in total.

I am on the flat rate scheme @ 14%, what’s the treatment to get the maximum. Appreciate if someone could provide a breakdown. I have an accountant but as they were not with me during that period they want to charge me to provide that information.
    The last week in April is in this tax year, not last. The tax year runs to the 5th of April. If your work and invoice were after that, then they are in the current tax year.

Leave a comment:

• fwd
    started a topic Accounting & Pay for 1 week in the tax year

Accounting & Pay for 1 week in the tax year

Hi, In the tax year of 2016/17 I only worked the final week of the year, (last week in April).

My invoice for the year was 2,750+550 VAT= 3,300 in total.

I am on the flat rate scheme @ 14%, what’s the treatment to get the maximum. Appreciate if someone could provide a breakdown. I have an accountant but as they were not with me during that period they want to charge me to provide that information.

Working...
X