• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Dividend Tax/Payments on account/company not trading this year"

Collapse

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Im sure if we ever met, NLUK and I would develop and man crush in each other....

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    Its a big love/hate in for those 2
    Im sure if we ever met, NLUK and I would develop and man crush in each other....

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    FTFY
    Its a big love/hate in for those 2

Leave a comment:

• captainham
    replied
    I'm heading back into contracting after a 3 year stint in the wilds of permiedom, and I'm very much glad to see that the traditional PC lazy question/NLUK withering response is still very much ongoing!

It's like putting on a pair of your favourite slippers

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post
    So, you're the sole arbiter of such deeds and not the Admins? Yeah ok. You seem to get away with trolling when others are pulled. Clearly you in particular is given free rein.
    But you would be wrong. I have an inbox full of warnings, a lengthy infraction list and been banned a number of times.

Leave a comment:

• washed up contractor
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Well yes you are kind of right but PC could also be accused of similar. His inability to do even the simplist bit of research before asking a question on here is legendary. He's well aware of the search methods and that anything basic he struggles with will have been asked plenty of times. Using the google search on the forums for 'reduction payment on account' brings back 179 threads all asking the same.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=re...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Putting so little effort in and so many lazy posting is also called out explicitly in the list of things not to do in the prof forums so he's kinda just as bad.

This post...
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/welco...e-newbies.html

states..
    So, you're the sole arbiter of such deeds and not the Admins? Yeah ok. You seem to get away with trolling when others are pulled. Clearly you in particular is given free rein.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Well yes you are kind of right but PC could also be accused of similar. His inability to do even the simplist bit of research before asking a question on here is legendary. He's well aware of the search methods and that anything basic he struggles with will have been asked plenty of times. Using the google search on the forums for 'reduction payment on account' brings back 179 threads all asking the same.

Putting so little effort in and so many lazy posting is also called out explicitly in the list of things not to do in the prof forums so he's kinda just as bad.

This post...

states..
    All of which washed up contractor should have researched before mouthing off in the professional fora.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    And yet another trolling example.

The OP needs to talk to their accountant. Id expect them to be on the ball regarding such. I know mine are.

This post...

states..

So basically, we will help where we can but we dislike lazy posting. If you find the above steps too much of a hassle, you deserve all you get.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Tip - Don't get involved in the PC and NLUK splat except to tell them both to get a room.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

The OP needs to talk to their accountant. Id expect them to be on the ball regarding such. I know mine are.
    Tip - Don't get involved in the PC and NLUK splat except to tell them both to behave.

Leave a comment:

• washed up contractor
    replied
    Bit rich coming from you isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Well, strictly speaking I dont have an accountant since I shut the company down at end of august.

Good to know I can not pay it.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick@Intouch
    replied
    Firstly, payments on account aren't payments in advance. The first POA is due 10 months in to the tax year in which it falls with the remaining POA being due after that year has finished (unhelpful pedantic bit done).

You can absolutely reduce your payments on account if your declarable or untaxed income will be lower in the current tax year than in the year currently being reported on.

You can either do this on the SA form or through the gateway but will need to make sure that you know what any liability will look like for the current year as you should not reduce payments on account to a level below the tax which eventually becomes payable.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Not that I'm expecting HMRC to do things sensibly.
    Bit rich coming from you isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Yes, you can reduce/eliminate payments on account, but you'll pay interest if you're wrong. You can login to your HMRC account and request this online or submit an SA303 or notify a reduced payment with your SA100. Or you can advance them with some of your signing on stash.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X