• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How does \ should client determine a role is out of scope for IR35 determination?"

Collapse

• administrator
    replied
    I don't see any trolling here, and yes we do clamp down on bad behaviour here. If any of us had seen any we would have done so. Thread locked as it seems OP has all the answers he needs.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post
    Yeah I thought the mods clamped down on trolls in the professional forums but look, here you are again, trolling and no mod intervention.

To assist you, yes, and yes. And yes Ive had an offer on it today, thanks. However, as I thought, they have confirmed government is the end client and the agency was being fast and loose with being 'outside the regulations.'
    Ahh agents doing what they do best - lying.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Yeah I thought the mods clamped down on trolls in the professional forums but look, here you are again, trolling and no mod intervention.
    '
    Why is asking a reasonable question about the progress of your situation when it's key as you've pointed out, trolling?

Leave a comment:

• washed up contractor
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Has the OP found out who the client is yet? Or got to interview?

To assist you, yes, and yes. And yes Ive had an offer on it today, thanks. However, as I thought, they have confirmed government is the end client and the agency was being fast and loose with being 'outside the regulations.'

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Has the OP found out who the client is yet? Or got to interview?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Poor attitude? Give your head a shake. How many times are people on here met with a 'poor attitude' from certain posters yet you dont say a word?
    Actually we can get told off in private but being a new poster you aren't aware of this.

Check the timing of the original post, even award winning accountants dont provide a service at that time. In any event I wouldnt expect to trouble my accountants with that particular question.
    The point is that accountants or any other professional advisor will point you to another one to help you with your query if they can't.

If you want people to help you on here calling them names isn't going to endear you to them, or others who could help you. If you find someone's posts unhelpful on any forum the common netiquette is to ignore them.

In regards to your initial question there is no need to panic as when you are doing due diligence on a client for IR35 purposes you can't actually do it until:
    1. You know who the actual client is so you can work out if they are public or private sector, and,
    2. What the actual role is and as much detail about the role as possible.

The latter you won't be able to establish until interview as most agents don't know enough about roles to give you this information so it is up to you to ask questions to gleam this information from the client. Oh and oddly clients think you are really interested in the role if you ask them lots of relevant questions.

Leave a comment:

• washed up contractor
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    If your accountants are so good, why did you need to come on here with your poor attitude, why didn't you just ask them?
    Poor attitude? Give your head a shake. How many times are people on here met with a 'poor attitude' from certain posters yet you dont say a word?

Check the timing of the original post, even award winning accountants dont provide a service at that time. In any event I wouldnt expect to trouble my accountants with that particular question.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    He was given good advice at the start, the thread could have been closed back then, everything after that has not improved the quality of the discourse.
    I agree - nothing after post 12 adds anything to the conversation. If only there was a way to delete posts or even to lock a thread, but that would deprive some quarters of the opportunity to denigrate each other.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    And your point is that you thought that you'd improve the quality of discourse by suggesting something completely irrelevant?

A suggestion to ask an accountant about a complex legal matter is worse than useless.
    He was given good advice at the start, the thread could have been closed back then, everything after that has not improved the quality of the discourse.
    The relevance of asking an accountant is that if you have one who is actually good at their job, they would advise you on who you should be speaking to, and since he wanted to tell us about his brilliant accountants, maybe asking them would have allowed them to point him in the right direction.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    But his are so good that for no apparent reason he felt the need to tell us all how good they are.
    And your point is that you thought that you'd improve the quality of discourse by suggesting something completely irrelevant?

A suggestion to ask an accountant about a complex legal matter is worse than useless.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Because IR35 has nothing to do with accountants?
    But his are so good that for no apparent reason he felt the need to tell us all how good they are.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    If your accountants are so good, why did you need to come on here with your poor attitude, why didn't you just ask them?
    Because IR35 has nothing to do with accountants?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Thankfully my accountants are again finalists for the BIBAs in both use of IT and professional business of the Year to go with their other awards such as North West Finance Award winners.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Thankfully my accountants are again finalists for the BIBAs in both use of IT and professional business of the Year to go with their other awards such as North West Finance Award winners.
    And?

Leave a comment:

• washed up contractor
    replied
    Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
    Yep, that'll get you all the help you need.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X